General buying 2011 panda mylife 1.2

Currently reading:
General buying 2011 panda mylife 1.2

mygeneration

hi new to the forum i'm considering buying a new panda 1.2 mylife had a test drive in an active its the same but with alloys remote locking and air con. the only concern i have is with the many stories of power steering motors failing. this car will be a long term family vehicle so i would like many years of trouble free motoring. i would also like to hear from people who have NOT had any steering issues and what milage have you got to before having any issues? all cars have their faults i thought the panda was looking good until i started reading the steering issues, are they all prone to failure or is it just the unlucky few??
ps i wont be using the "girlie button" at all lol
cheers for now...
simon

I've owned a Panda 4x4 Climbing up to 33,000 miles (I think), Panda Cross to 19,000 miles and my daughter has a 1.1 Active on 41,000 miles.
None had any power steering problems.
It's rarer than appears on this forum. You only hear about the cars that have problems, not the vast majority that are trouble free.
The Active 1.1 described above is now 5 years old, is neglected by my daughter, only receiving attention once a year when I service it, and has never needed repairs other than servicing and replacement of consumable parts.

hi new to the forum i'm considering buying a new panda 1.2 mylife had a test drive in an active its the same but with alloys remote locking and air con. the only concern i have is with the many stories of power steering motors failing. this car will be a long term family vehicle so i would like many years of trouble free motoring. i would also like to hear from people who have NOT had any steering issues and what milage have you got to before having any issues? all cars have their faults i thought the panda was looking good until i started reading the steering issues, are they all prone to failure or is it just the unlucky few??
ps i wont be using the "girlie button" at all lol
cheers for now...
simon

Ive had a 1.2 and a 100HP and Ive not had a single problem with either of them. Any car can get problems but the Panda has fewer reported issues than most. You buying new anyway so any issues in the first three years are covered, you can then buy the extended warranty after that for not to much money for piece of mind.

The mylife is excellent value for money, £6995 and for 500 quid more you can have roof rails, front fogs, rear head rests and leather steering wheel, all worthwhile options. My cinq sporting cost more than that new and thats going back some years. For the money there is nothing else close out there, and Ive been looking. (y)

Glad to hear from some people who are not having problems.When you see lots of people with issues on a thread kinda makes me worry! yes it has a 3 year warranty but i'm not a 3 year man lol ,and yes it is good value can't get anything with that spec from other makers, only pre reg stuff! will be nice for me to have a "brand new" car for once, always had nearly new until now.
cheers for info
simon

I have a fiat panda 1.1 active thats now four years old:eek: (I remember it when i got off ebay 3 years and 45k ago:slayer:).
Its now done 50048 miles and have not had a single problem with it(y). I live and work on london so the power steering system gets some heavy use every day with all the narrow streets and parallel parking it has to do but i haven't had a single problem with it apart from suspension bushes (common faliure on all types of cars in london, poxy speed bumps, my dads merc c-class coupe goes through a set a year(n)) as long as you service it regularly (1year/12k? intervals) and look after it, although i thrash the life out of mine (managed to scare a BMW 130i today), it should last you ages

Last edited:
Only ever had issues with PS on sisters 2004 Active, she's a student away at uni so car sits for long periods on drive, causing the battery to drain, this is the only time we've had issues with it, recharge of the battery and all is back to normal again ;)

You think you've seen alot online about this issues with Panda's, you ought to see about the Corsa's etc! :p

Back