Technical Flashing Mileage

Currently reading:
Technical Flashing Mileage

MRT

Hi when i start my Fiat Doblo the display were the mileage time etc is starts to flash and carrys on doing so untill the doblo is turned off. Just wondered if anyone had any ideas why. It is a 52 reg by the way.

yeh keeps the time and still calculates the mileage per gal and the trip works and everything but just flashes all the time

If its the actual numbers that flash then its a power fault,if its the background illumination to the LCD section then its a cluster fault.Should still be under 3rd year warranty if its a 52 plate?

on my brothers car there is a flashing thing to say service is needed could it be that :D

T14086 said:
If its the actual numbers that flash then its a power fault,if its the background illumination to the LCD section then its a cluster fault.Should still be under 3rd year warranty if its a 52 plate?

Just bought the doblo it has no service history ( this was reflected in the price) would this effect the warranty.

Oh...........ask at nearest dealer if there is any history on it on computer,if not you have no chance sorry :(

Is it the numbers or background light that flashes,if its numbers theres a fuse out as this is fitted at PDI stage,think it does cig lighter aswell-does that work?

Hi There

Check your battery. My Doblo re-sets the clock, headlight height adjustment and trip computer if she's left lying for the weekend, usually. Sometimes not. The alarm also re-sets to engineer's mode as if it was just installed. I have been led to believe the battery is at fault - its only a 40AH unit, too small for a diesel...

T14086 said:
Oh...........ask at nearest dealer if there is any history on it on computer,if not you have no chance sorry :(

Is it the numbers or background light that flashes,if its numbers theres a fuse out as this is fitted at PDI stage,think it does cig lighter aswell-does that work?

Will check tommorrow thanks for the advice mate will let you know outcome.

Checked Today mate and its is the numbers that are flashing not the background. Checked the cig lighter and that is working okay and all the fuses are fine. Will check my owners book to see if it refers to flashing dash when service due.

I've got a six month old Doblo that does a similar thing, sometimes the complete digital display flashes and sometimes just the clock numbers flash. Either way they flash in unison with the two dots in between the hour and minute figures i.e every second. If it happens try altering the clock with the + and - buttons and see if it corrects itself.The first time it happened the clock reset itself to 00:00, the second time it changed to 02:00. Both times it happened just after I had switched the ignition on. I'm taking it in for an oil service next month and I'll mention to them and let you know what's going on.

Mentioned it to the garage and they'd never had any reports of the fault. It only seems to happen if I turn they key before the gloplug heater light and the key recognition light on the display go out. If I wait untill it they do go out, (like your supposed to) then everything is ok.

:bang:

Got exactly the same problem, every thing works as it should but display flashes whether or not i wait for the test lights to go out! mpg computer fine odo fine, but flashing is annoying. Has anyone got to the bottom of it yet? Help!!!!

No mate mine stil doing it , I was wondering if the doblo had been tampered with and the mileage altered. But no one seems to know if this flashing is a sign of this.

Ok this is an easy one, the reason this happens is because the battery has been disconnected and a procedure has to be carried out to reset all the ecus. Its called Proxi-alignment and is carried out using the Fiat Examiner. Basically all the internal clocks inside the ecus need to be reset, this way all the information being shared between ecus is not garbled by ecus msitiming exchanges of information.

Power supply problems have already been mentioned in this thread,however unless the original poster hasn't mentioned something/given the whole story I cant understand why proxy-alignment would need to be carried out.I have changed loads of doblo heater matrix's(cluster out/battery disconnected/dash out)but never needed to proxy align.Criminal if you have to visit dealer(£££)because your battery went flat & needed proxy alignment!
Probably a cluster from another vehicle with different mileage :rolleyes:

Well as I do know what I am talking about, and I have seen this before then maybe I am right. I sometimes am :rolleyes:

Took battery out of new doblo van yesterday & left on charge overnight,refitted this afternoon no problem! No proxy alignment required to be carried out.The only way 'proxy' would be required is if there was a 'software error' not just because battery disconnected.

Back