Technical Fitting a new driver-side wing mirror - how?

Currently reading:
Technical Fitting a new driver-side wing mirror - how?

Piotr

So I was having a good day until some trollop decided to rag my driver-side wingmirror off. (It was folded in and everything... did a right number on it.)

The casing looks intact apart from being scratched to hell, and the mounting for the mirror glass looks alright too. The mirror itself looks like it's the only part that needs replacing and I've found a few for less than £15 on eBay which suits me!

Problem I've got is how to replace it? I've had a search around for an hour or so and can't seem to find any comprehensive guides on how to do it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of one? Sorry if I've missed something somewhere! It's a '60 plate Fiat Punto Evo... believe the fittings are exactly the same as the Grande Punto?

Thanks!

If its simply the glass that needs replacing its easy enough, it simply pops off and you then push the new one on (if you have heated mirrors there will be a wire that you will need to attach to the new glass, but again easy just a push on fitment) and it will clip into place.
Best tip for getting the old glass off is angle your mirror as for down as it will go which will allow you to get your fingers in the top between the glass and the housing, then just give a gentle pull and the glass will pop off.
Hope that helps

similar thing just happened to my wife, glass is smashed and she appears to have lost the casing, rest of mirror seams pretty OK does the outer casing just clip on?

thanks

Thanks for the quick reponse, do you know if the Grande glass, and outer casing fit the Evo, just that the Grande ones seem cheaper?

cheers

Hi - I've dug this thread up rather than start a new one! :D

I got in the my wife's GP the other week and the LH mirror glass wasn't there. It was there the day before (I used it to help reverse park) and there's no damage to the mirror. I didn't notice it fall out either, so it must have been nicked.

Anyway, thanks for the tips.

Local dealer - £35
Shop4Parts - £17.74
Advice of Fiat forum - priceless (y)

Last edited:
Back