General Punto Evo Good Price or not?

Currently reading:
General Punto Evo Good Price or not?

rishenker

Hi,
Thinking of buying a Evo, but have a few questions.

My local dealer is selling a 60 plate Evo 1.4 Dynamic for £9495. It has delivery miles of just 15 on it is that a good price?

If i go for the dynamic will it come with fog lights, and if not can they be fitted after?

Does anyone know if the 5 door mylife 1.2 engine would be powerful enough for 4 big adults at motorway speeds.

Thanks for your help

Richard

Hi,
Thinking of buying a Evo, but have a few questions.

My local dealer is selling a 60 plate Evo 1.4 Dynamic for £9495. It has delivery miles of just 15 on it is that a good price?

If i go for the dynamic will it come with fog lights, and if not can they be fitted after?

Does anyone know if the 5 door mylife 1.2 engine would be powerful enough for 4 big adults at motorway speeds.

Thanks for your help

Richard

the price doesnt neccessarily matter, its the deal your getting on paying for it?

whats the finance offer? for example mine was a 1.4 GP which fiat contributed £1000 to my deposit, and the dealer £500 and me paying the last £500 with a monthly payment of £160 including GAP protection which is a cracking offer :devil:

and also i cant speculate on the specs of the car... (e.g alloy or steel wheels,style packs, interior, paint colour, etc as these are all options and ALL affect the price... so ask your dealer for a specs list of your so you can see in black and white EXACTLY what the car has... performance and options wise as if it included all the optional extras you'd be looking at 14k brand new in which case youd be getting a cracking deal, but again you need to ask your dealer) however for making your point, what car magazine basically go into dealers and haggle, then post the best price they can get for each and every model in a big table in their magazine ( http://www.whatcar.com/car-reviews/fiat/punto-evo-hatchback/summary/25943-5)

for your model the list price is £11,195 NEW standard spec, now your car has delivery miles which will knock down the price so your discount of £1500 is about average as its value will drop significantly with delivery miles, in essence based on pure list price you should haggle for less. (especially since 11 plates will be out soon which means its value will drop down further in a few weeks, you might even threaten to hold off for a pre-reg 11 plate at another dealer to get them to knock it down by another £1000 or so or at least some extras at the BARE minimum!)(y)

and a 1.2 would be capable of 70, but pushing over that your going to look into the 4000 revs (n) so not really... :)

and in the case of fog lights, the dynamic does not come with it on any model as standard, it is included in the style pack option which costs an extra £500 ( HOWEVER, this can not be fitted as an aftermarket accessory without some hefty labour and parts costs (as they would need to fit a new front trim with foglights, reconfigure the electrics and replace the panels on the inside of your car to include the buttons just to turn them on!), as it is supposed to be included when the car is being built so again back to my similar point, ask your dealer for a specs list as it may be included as an option already on your car) you can then go to http://www.fiat.co.uk/showroom/#showroom/punto_evo_3dr/configurator and configure your car with those exacts specs and see the list price for that exact car brand new... the only cars with fog lights as standard (both front and rear) are the sporting, GP and mylife

apologies for such a long post, but it does require a thorough answer :) anymore questions just ask. and of course with all delivery mile cars, check for imperfections on the actual car, etc. and make sure theyre fixed. :)

Last edited:
Back