General A500 Ordered today!!

Currently reading:
General A500 Ordered today!!

Hey Guys,

Decided to part ex my Panda 100 in today for an Abarth 500 (y) cant wait!! Got a great low rate finance deal at 4.9% and a silly good price on the Abarth itself!

Climate control, 17" Alloys and Split folding seats as options (y)

Will post back when ive got some pictures!

Cheers

Hey

Should be picking the car up early next week and time seems to have near stopped waiting for the call to pick the car up!!

The car is in white with only the options stated, could have gone wild on the options list but sadly had a budget to work too! Still very excited as im seeing it as an even more fun version of the already loved Panda 100!

I assume its been 2 years of problem free motoring :slayer: thats the idea anyway!!

Cheers

Hey

I assume its been 2 years of problem free motoring :slayer: thats the idea anyway!!

Cheers

I thought it would be 3 years given that the warranty lasts the long ?

My 1.4 sport is gone now so I'm back to the Marea Weekend - at the least I have something to drive. Thought I would write her a little note about the car and it ended up being 5 pages long ! I took a little licence and described the car as being half-an-abart. In mourning at the moment
icon9.gif

Congratulations on the order. Did you go for the multispokes or the petals ?
I'm handing my 500 1.4 tomorrow to the new owner. Had one last blast in it tonight. Will you miss your Panda 100bhp ?

It has the Petals (y) and as for missing the Panda 100 I would have to say yes I think I will miss it indeed. The Panda 100 put a smile on my face every single time I drove it and over the last 4 years ive never once regreted buying a Panda ;) 100HP or not!

Ive always wanted an Abarth original yet this just isnt practical so a modern version will fill that gap nicely!!

Cheers

It's a 3 year 60,000 mile warranty, it's just that i've had mine for 2 years :)

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif.../page/1/radius/1500/postcode/bt39jp?logcode=p

Hi DraigFlag87. When I checked the summary page on autotrader it states 2 years. Was this reduced from the 3 years that you got ? Is it the case that all 2009 Abarth models will be coming out of warranty in 2012 ? When I was working out the finances on importing an Abarth I thought that some individuals would be looking to upgrade to multi-air and a new warranty in 2012. I felt that the prices may be more within my reach given the uncertainty of the import taxes that would be due - it is estimated that it would be around €3k depending on the inspector. All imports into Ireland only have a maximum of 2 years warranty irregardlessly of them having more at the time of purchase.

It has the Petals (y) and as for missing the Panda 100 I would have to say yes I think I will miss it indeed. The Panda 100 put a smile on my face every single time I drove it and over the last 4 years ive never once regreted buying a Panda ;) 100HP or not!

Ive always wanted an Abarth original yet this just isnt practical so a modern version will fill that gap nicely!!

Cheers

I like the petals [particularily on the black) but the multispokes also look well on the white. At least the Petals will easy to clean ! After the drive that I had in an Abarth I kinda lost interest in my 1.4 sport but I was out of sorts to see it go particularily when I had to go back to an old Marea weekend. I found the 500 very practical and would use it like a little van. It could carry most of what I would need and only needed to use the estate on the rare occassion. I know it would a sin - but at least the 500 can take a thule roofrack if you're stuck. I have considered changing the marea estate to a Panda as a 'hacker'.

No that's fine Draigflag. I was getting conflicts on the Autotrader summary update. It's 3 years for the warranty. Thanks for the update.

I guess you could have been confused by the SS warranty. Basically, the SS kit has a 2 year warranty. You must have the SS kit fitted within 1 year (or 12,000) miles from when the car is new. That's why i tell people to get it 1 year after buying the car, gives them a chance to save up but also means the warranty will expire with the rest of the car's warranty!

Skodas have 2 years warranty from VAG & the 3rd is provided by Skoda UK, all with a 60,000 mile limit.

Is the Abarth situation the same thus causing the confusion.

I agree the SS is only 2 years

Abarth and Fiat have the same warranties, two years manufacturer and the third year dealer.

That explains how I loose the 3rd year if a car is exported to another country. It also explains why a lot of recent Abarth imports are 2010 models. How important is the warranty to Abarth owners - would they be looking to trade in after the 3 years are up ?

That explains how I loose the 3rd year if a car is exported to another country. It also explains why a lot of recent Abarth imports are 2010 models. How important is the warranty to Abarth owners - would they be looking to trade in after the 3 years are up ?

Haven't got my A500 yet, but I really hope i get more than 3 years of :):):):), so wont be looking to trade in after 3 years. Oh, unless someone is looking to swap a low mileage Ferrari 458 Italia

Haven't got my A500 yet, but I really hope i get more than 3 years of :):):):), so wont be looking to trade in after 3 years. Oh, unless someone is looking to swap a low mileage Ferrari 458 Italia

I don't think you would want the service bill for a Ferrari. It is the main reason why Ferrari salesmen smile at you when they are giving you the keys :). Think €5k+. I think it is engine out on a timing belt change and it comes around quicker that you would think. At least it has the double clutch so you can now press the launch button more that once
icon14.gif

Back