Technical Mckrich chip

Currently reading:
Technical Mckrich chip

Hi
I was really keen on getting the mckrich chip,until i read a couple of posts on cold start problems,i`ve since read that one of those cars had a defective head gasket which probably caused the cold start problem,Has anyone got any recent feedback,i know it`s only £40 and has a money back deal,but i need my car for work so it must be reliable.
Cheers
Adrian

my hg is on the way out, but i do not blame the chip at all

the only problem i have on cold start is that it pulls back like anything, i just let the car warm up for 2 mins before i set off and its fine

i would highly recommend the chip, my comments have been posted on the other thread

EDIT - i think i misread your question, wasnt the cold start problem on a sei where they kept the immobiliser, on my sei, it starts frist time everytime

Last edited:
you have a cinq dont you?

I've been using one of his chips in my Cinq since October - and until recently (alternator problems!) my car has never not started.

The chip doesnt affect relaibilty in anyway, get one - the difference it makes its brilliant.

i have my foot to the floor :eek:

i like to compare it to jamming brakes on a rollercoaster, momentum forces you towards the windscreen, although i have a dodgy hg, maybe this doesnt help it either

Anyone know where this chip now stands in regards to a 1242? Ie has it been tested yet on a 1242?

jamie86 had a mckrich chip fitted on his 1242, i remember him telling me he had problems, not sure if it was chip related or not, best PM him or michael (mckrich) would be best to answer your q

exactly what i get gaz.. but if u dont floor it at cold u dont notice it and its as smooth as a babys bum. but wheres the fun in that? :)

oh and my head gaskets fine. as far as im aware, theres nothing wrong with the engine at the moment. when i put the original chip back in, the dead spot disapears! so it is the chip. but its nothing that i cant live with as its gone after the engines been on for 2 mins

Back