Technical Camshaft Position sensor

Currently reading:
Technical Camshaft Position sensor

Lovatt

2001 Punto sporting 16v.
I have a problem where by the engine light keeps coming on. When i scanned it it came up with camshaft position sensor. I changed it for a genune fiat item and the light continues to come on!! Is there something else that can cause this to happen???

2001 Punto sporting 16v.
I have a problem where by the engine light keeps coming on. When i scanned it it came up with camshaft position sensor. I changed it for a genune fiat item and the light continues to come on!! Is there something else that can cause this to happen???

Dirty conection to the sensor could... a bit of wd-40 and a wipe might help?

Hi, thaks, but tried both today to no avail. Could it be valve timing?

Hi, thaks, but tried both today to no avail. Could it be valve timing?

Crankshaft sensor is the Later engine version
i think its called a phase sensor, eitherway
IF a new sensor hasn't sorted it - The Timing may be a tooth out
But i would have thought it'd be well down on power AND it'd be running quiet rough

I'd be checking to see if there is any wiring damage as it heads back to the loom

Ziggy

The car does seem to run ok to be honest, when the light comes on the revs momentarily drop but thats all and does start fine

2001 Punto sporting 16v.

ah, did you reset the error? if not the ecu will still think there is an error even if the part was replaced(y) try clearing the error and see if the light comes back on(y)

Back