Technical Installing Fog Lights On A Fiat Punto S

Currently reading:
Technical Installing Fog Lights On A Fiat Punto S

salmanansari

Hi, i have a Black colour coded fiat punto and i'e had to replace the front bumper due to a accident. This bumper had the fog holes cut out n lets all face it, the puto MK1 looks wicked driving abt with ur low beam n fogs on. Ive managed to buy sum fog second hand adn the lady also sent me the dash switch frm a SX.

So main thing does anyone how how to do this change????????
i notice wen i removed my switch tht u cant jst replace it bcos the obv the S has on 2 switch for rear fog n bac window dimister and the SX has same with fog lights n the wire are at different places.

Have to point out the wire frm the fog are very little n cut so i'll haev to wire the lot up. Can i wire it using the switch n wud tht b easier. Or i was thinkin abt wiring direct to main lights n in between wire sumwhere in car put a switch for on n off.

If anyone has done exaxtly same plz contact me on ma email [email protected] or add on msn so can talk abt it.

Cheers ppl

regardin the fogs i 2 have a black 55s and colour coded my bumpers i installed the fogs and tried to wire it up to a relay and the new fog light panel but it didnt work.so i have ended up earthing each fog light then takin a feed from each fog light to a switch and run a power cable with in line fuse to the other side of the switch bobs ya uncle. then i have put the switch in this https://www.fiatforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26035

if ya want one of these panels let me know. Also let me know how ya got on.

salmanansari said:
, the puto MK1 looks wicked driving abt with ur low beam n fogs on.
It may look 'wicked', but its a pain in the f***in ass. You blind other road users.
Fog lights are exactly that, to be used in fog. Not to look 'wicked'.
Grow up and dont be so inconsiderate to other road users.
Rant over.

16v cab said:
It may look 'wicked', but its a pain in the f***in ass. You blind other road users.
Fog lights are exactly that, to be used in fog. Not to look 'wicked'.
Grow up and dont be so inconsiderate to other road users.
Rant over.

Roughly translated as: YOU'RE A CHAV

hmmm a little harsh people, i think education is the way forward ;)

Basically mate, although it may 'look good' its very annoying to other road uses :) Use fogs only when needed, not to look good.

Along the same lines as ghetto moose ;) , text language is a no-no on this site as it is not just used by people who have English as a first language :) (also some oldies use it aswell :p ) Aswell as this, we don't want to encourage chavish behaviour on this site...

lesson over

Last edited:
joecinq said:
hmmm a little harsh people, i think education is the way forward ;)

Basically mate, although it may 'look good' its very annoying to other road uses :) Use fogs only when needed, not to look good.

Was that not what i said?

THe law states fog light use is only allowed in low visibility conditions. Not around town to look cool....fit and use the fogs by all means but make sure you use them legally.

Back