General Whats happened?

Currently reading:
General Whats happened?

As i write this i am in my car in a car park. Its pinking like crazy, the temp guage went sky high, the injector light was on, white residue from the breather and it was running very very bad. When i switched it on again, the temp guage was normal. I am letting it cool down

Please tell me this is just the result of crap petrol and not a hg? I got cheapish petrol this morning and it hasnt been running right since. My car is only road legal as of 45mins ago :cry:

petrol might make a diference in pinking but not normal tbh. what engine have you got? unless its a hgt petrol wont make much difference at all.

white residue as in mayo???

sounds like it may have been a air lock. how is it running now? any smell of petrol in the coolant or oil in there and vice versa

Solved and im home, phew... It was a mixture of my own stupidity and that rubbish petrol. The cooling system turned into an air cooled effort, as the hose clip i was supposed to change smashed and let the pipe at the bottom pipe of the radiator flop out the contents. One bucket of water later and its running as it should :) the petrol is naff, it was pinking under acceleration going up a hill. Its cooling down at the mo so i can flush the system and put in new paraflu. White residue is most likely the condensation from the preather pipe itself that didnt get a chance to escape but i am keeping my eye on it. My old car was very very picky about fuel and this one seems to be the same. Thank you for your help, ill be watching it closely :D

Back