Technical Immobiliser issue

Currently reading:
Technical Immobiliser issue

Hi all!

Sometimes in the new car, the code light wont go off and the car just will not start. Then after a few minutes, all will be grand and it will start no problems. It seems to take fits of this....

The key has been "shaved" ie the keyring end has been broke off, smoothed and a hole drilled through the key for a keyring...! Is my key wonkey or is the problem a bit more sinister? My dads car suffers the same problem but only when the starter refuses to work (needs a new starter) it will start with the code light on (suspected faulty dash). Getting a key cut and coded is not a problem. Neither is getting the key, ecu and immobiliser changed but i would like to try and avoid that...

Any help is appreciated! (y)

Probably the easiest think to have a look at is the aerial wire especialy bacuse you have lots of spares :p
its the black wire shown here. The hoop sits around your ignition barrel. People have had bad aerials before.

The immobiliser bit in the key is a little black pill looking thing or a grey chip, its probably not physicaly damaged. If its your only one though I would get a copy of the chip done while you still can, maybe its about to fail.

You can see the chip version here nexto the battery. The black pill looking chip would be in the same spot.

Now I was driving this car last night, no problems whatsoever. This morning I got into it to move it so I could have comfortable space to work on it and it refused to decode. I changed the aerial in situ but it hasnt made a difference :( I did notice the code box wasnt in its place, maybe they had this problem before... Does this mean I have to change everything? Ie locks, box and ecu?

you have multiple ecu + imobilisers.. can't you figure out how to emulate the signal from the imobilizer?
i would think it would be just something like bridge-ing some connections

Back