General The Rozzers

Currently reading:
General The Rozzers

Hi,

I got pulled over today by my local traffic cop because my left fog light came on as I turned left. He started blabbering on how this can dazzle other drivers so I told him they are cornering lights, fitted as standard by Fiat. He didn't believe me and told me to send the 'Faulty' car back to the dealership to have them taken off.

Ive been told if he see's them again I WILL get a fine.

Police..... Bloody idiots

Ive actually wondered about this, And noticed alot of 10 plates and 60 plates do it now (Seen other Fiats and Seats) and wondered were the law falls into place as fog lamps are to be used in these conditions:-

You MUST use headlights when visibility is seriously reduced, generally when you cannot see for more than 100 metres (328 feet). You may also use front or rear fog lights but you MUST switch them off when visibility improves (see Rule 236).

You MUST NOT use front or rear fog lights unless visibility is seriously reduced (see Rule 226) as they dazzle other road users and can obscure your brake lights. You MUST switch them off when visibility improves

Hmmmm

Hi,

I got pulled over today by my local traffic cop because my left fog light came on as I turned left. He started blabbering on how this can dazzle other drivers so I told him they are cornering lights, fitted as standard by Fiat. He didn't believe me and told me to send the 'Faulty' car back to the dealership to have them taken off.

Ive been told if he see's them again I WILL get a fine.

Police..... Bloody idiots

Tell them to take you to court....would be a great day out with expenses.

I've often wondered about this happening, infact just tonight i was thinking I wonder if these lights are actually UK-Legal etc, obviously if i got tugged i'd quote Fiat on it but cant help but wonder!

Interesting to see someones actually been pulled over for it!

Personally i'd throw the Fiat brochure in the glove compartment just incase they pull you over again, throw the book at em! :p

I've often wondered about this happening, infact just tonight i was thinking I wonder if these lights are actually UK-Legal etc, obviously if i got tugged i'd quote Fiat on it but cant help but wonder!

Personally i'd throw the Fiat brochure in the glove compartment just incase they pull you over again, throw the book at em! :p

The manual will also come in handy and as you say proves it activates when indicates below 15-20MPH i believe?

1) If they were not UK legal the car wouldn't be allowed on sale here.

2) Fiat were not the first to use these lights in this country.

3) The police should be aware of these lights, they have been made to look stupid in court over them already.(see relevant bravo posts)

I remember reading a thread in the 500 section where someone was pulled over by a police man because he thought the day running lights where fog lights. I would photocopy the relevant pages from the manual and politely show them to any police man that stops me

Last edited:
Considering i lived in Manchester & know what it can be like, I think i'd have to ask them what theyre doing pulling motorists over for not actually doing anything wrong when it's almost a given that there's a robbery or car theft that they could be dealing with :rolleyes:

Considering i lived in Manchester & know what it can be like, I think i'd have to ask them what theyre doing pulling motorists over for not actually doing anything wrong when it's almost a given that there's a robbery or car theft that they could be dealing with :rolleyes:

I think most robbers, burglars and car thieves use cars whilst committing their crimes, personally I wish they stopped more cars again rather than rely on speed cameras. No reason needed in law to stop a motorist, this PC was either a bit ignorant about these kind of lights or was using as a reason to suss out the driver/occupants if the car ?

I'm going to carry on using the cornering lights, their case will never stand up in court because it doesn't say anywhere in the manual about cornering lights being illegal.

Its pretty much fiat v police if it went to court.

I'm going to carry on using the cornering lights, their case will never stand up in court because it doesn't say anywhere in the manual about cornering lights being illegal.

Its pretty much fiat v police if it went to court.

Good (y)

I got pulled for having both mine on just before Xmas by a motorbike copper and it actually was foggy. Me and my mate were laughing to ourselves tho cos as I indicated to pull away one my fog lights would have come on and as I was still following him every roundabout I went round and junction I took my fog lights were coming on :ROFLMAO:

You should have told Mr. Copper to go find a a Merc cos they have been doing it for years , half the new Seat range have cornering fog lights too, i've seen a new Polo and a new Skoda so next time tell him to get stuffed :D

next time tell him to get stuffed :D
I don’t know I would use those exact words, but hell it would be funny if you did!:ROFLMAO:
Seriously though, it’s obviously just been one of those PC’s where a little bit power has gone straight to his head. :tosser:
I would pull the handbook out, if it ever happens again.;)

:) Join the club, i got stopped before xmas during plods drink drive campaign.
You just turned left and you had fog lights on.
Yes i turned left, and no i dont have fog lights on. :p
Plod walks to front off car and i demonstrate Fiats cornering lights, never seen that before says plod i will check those out, have you been drinking.
Just finished an 8 hour night shift and on the way home after dropping swmbo at work, said no and off i went.
If this is going to cause problems go into the menu and turn them off.

Back