Tuning Evo TUNING

Currently reading:
Tuning Evo TUNING

CrAiG 135T

Hey Guys,

Im thinking of getting my Evo tuned but am not sure what the best option is...

does anyone have any suggestions?
Are there any recommended tuners for FIAT?
Do grande owners seem to have a favorite company? if so who?

thanks!

Get the TMC Motorsport tuning chip, The guy is about on this forum and does offer a discount
http://www.tmcmotorsport.com/CarProducts.aspx
They guy actually has the Abarth Evo i believe :) Its on my buy list!

I think out of all the places ive looked (remaps & boxes) this seems to claim the best gains but im still skeptical of a "piggy back" box over a remap. only thing pulling me towards the TMC is that it is removable. May look into the device type product they sell to set the maps instead. I think bluefin also do them.

Anyone measured the size gap of the air box space?? am looking to get a BMC twin cone :D

They are about on the forums (TMC) and do offer a discount im almost certain he has the box fitted and theres a fitting video here (that may help?)

YouTube - Abarth Punto Evo TMC Tuning Box installation

And instructions (pulled from AlexK of Abarthforum)
Im assuming the fitting will be the same, Although im sure TMC can confirm

Looks good! I do think this shall be going on my list of things to do!

Im currently looking into induction kits. I think i shall be looking into the Twin Cone (BMC) due to wanting to hear the noise from the dump.

But i dont want to order the wrong one! Do you know the dimensions for fitting and more importantly the diameter of the intake pipe?

I think it is 76mm but BMC do 70mm, 76mm, 80mm and more!!

thanks

I'm not sure but no doubt there will be someone that does.

When you find out, I'd appreciate it if you could leave a post here or PM me showing which you get and whether you think its worth it. I had a browse over a few websites yesterday but it really doesn't help when you dont know what sizes you need :p

Looks good! I do think this shall be going on my list of things to do!

Im currently looking into induction kits. I think i shall be looking into the Twin Cone (BMC) due to wanting to hear the noise from the dump.

But i dont want to order the wrong one! Do you know the dimensions for fitting and more importantly the diameter of the intake pipe?

I think it is 76mm but BMC do 70mm, 76mm, 80mm and more!!

thanks
Fairly sure its a 70mm OD you need, its easy enough to check it all, just wait for a dry day and then pop the airbox off and do all your measuring (twice to be on the safe side). Doesn’t take that long to do. (y)

Yeah im still needing to add the mileage want over 3000miles really and only around 1700 at the moment! :( Renovating a mouse a the moment so time and money are a rare thing!

Hey Guys,

Im expecting to take delivery of a Evo Sporting 135 at the end of the month, just wanted some ideas as to where i can find approved tuning parts, i.e. remaps, filters, exhausts and a dump valve?

Hey Guys,

Im expecting to take delivery of a Evo Sporting 135 at the end of the month, just wanted some ideas as to where i can find approved tuning parts, i.e. remaps, filters, exhausts and a dump valve?

are you actually buying the car or getting it on finance? as in pcp you dont actually "own" the car, the finance company do, and it expressly forbids making modifications :)

No the car is infact mine. I just part ex'd a Clio sport, and put the rest of the money to it. Just rang the dealer today, apparently i should have it by mid next week :)

My understanding of this is if the car is returned back to standard when they receive that car it isnt a problem,

Agreed, irrelevant though, under the bonnet modifications can mostly be taken out.
Gutted my mother, yes mother! has just bought the Evo Abarth!!

Agreed, irrelevant though, under the bonnet modifications can mostly be taken out.
Gutted my mother, yes mother! has just bought the Evo Abarth!!

I wold know the gutted felling really. My dad just brought a sporting and said he going the nick the key to my abarth lol. You could nick the shiny bits off hers lol

I will be happy with mine! I could have went for the Abarth, cant justify the insurance. A simple remap will do the job! ..Hopefully. Just need to decide on what one to get!

Hey guys just bought a punto evo 135.Iam wanting to hear a bit more noise from the turbo but not to much would a panel filter do that or would i need to go for a cone filter.thanks

you can take the dump valve off or get an atmospheric pressure valve i chucks the air back through the charging system giving it the chatternoise its not good for the turbo but it sounds beast

Back