General Punto 2004 1.3JTD Not starting

Currently reading:
General Punto 2004 1.3JTD Not starting

Vashthestampedo

Hi

A little while back My car satarted leaking diesel out of the front fuel pump, before I could get it to a garage it died spewing copius amounts of fuel.
I had it towed in and was told that I need the pump reconditioned - done - paid - car wont start?
Then I as told I need new glow plugs - done - paid - car won't start?
I took the car home by kick starting it, I just had the fuel filter replaced as well - no luck.
I can get the car to start if I use WYNNS ENGINE START - I have to spray
it into the turbo intake pipe and then she catches.
After reaching about 3000 revs she jerks then has limited power - cannot get over 3000 revs and engine light comes on.
Then she idles funny and dies randomly.
Please help my wallet is dying!

Tell us about the exhaust smoke (if any) ...

1. White means fuel isnt being burnt either not atomised or poor compression
  2. Grey means the same but more likely poor atomisation
  3. Black means not enough air. Turbo hose burst or turbo failed but it usually starts normally
  4. Oily means piston blowby usually goes along with (2) or (3)

It might be the immobiliser but that should show the key light. I've read it prevents starting but wont prevent it running. I'm sure others can help with that.

I'd have thought a fuel problem as it runs on the Wynnes stuff... checked the fuel filter & water trap?

Engine start helps diesels start when compression is low, so I'm coming from that angle.

It could be compression tested but its much more hassle on diesels. The ECU codes may be more helpful.

Back