Technical Mjet coolant drain points

Currently reading:
Technical Mjet coolant drain points

peter7889

My mjet130 is 5 years old now so time to change the coolant, can some body please tell me the locations of the drain points on the radiator ? I been messing with the car for about an hour today day but hasn't spotted them, i am assuming that the intercooler is on the bottom of the rad coz that seems to get in the way. Also is it worth useing a coolant flush first before replacing the liquid ?

Any help would be appresheated, pictures would be even better :D

just remove the bottom radiator hose there isn't a drain plug, or you could do it the easy way without the need to bleed the system of air. remove the small pipe to the header tank (be careful not to snap off the union on the header), push a length of washer pipe into the pipe you just removed and put the other end in a suitable container (old washing up bowl), remove the radiator cap and start the engine just top up the coolant as it drains.

Is it worth putting a coolant flush throught the system before i change the coolant ? As the old stuff has been in there for 5 years now.

i wouldn't bother, if you do you will have to drop all the coolant from the bottom radiator hose you dont want that stuff hanging around in your system

I have just checked my manual and according to that the 1.9mjet has got 6.3L coolant in it. 3 litres of red paraflu is going to cost a fortune to buy, i am very tempted to get the car plan equivalant that is only about £20 for 5 L.

depends on its freezing point and if your bothered about using fiat products. but most good quality antifreeze is fine to use

I have decided to order 5L of comma xstream g30 coolant it is recomended for use on audi, vw and porsche so it must be half decent stuff. It must be better than what is in there now anyway :)

Thanks for your help on this, i am suprised how little information there is on the forum for coolant changes i am assumming people just don't bother.

Back