Technical connect nav+ eject problem

Currently reading:
Technical connect nav+ eject problem

Roger16vturbo

Guys,
I bought a used connect nav+ device and installed it with no problem. It came with v8.5 and the language was in german.

I downloaded v9.8 and burned a CD. After I inserted, the upgrade went fine but the CD doesn´t eject at the end of the process. When I press the eject button, it doesn´t respond. It simply boots and restarts the upgrade process again and again.

Any suggestion?

tks!

Last edited:
To remove a stuck CD, you need to remove the top cover then remove the screw holding the eject motor. You'll need a T6 screwdriver for the screw.

Lift the motor up just enough so you can get a finger on the edge of the white plastic gear wheel (arrowed red) then turn the gear wheel clockwise until the CD comes out.

As you turn the gear wheel, the metal tab (arrowed yellow) should move to the left and the CD should start to come out. You can only turn the gear wheel a small amount at a time, so each time you need to release it, hold the tab so it doesn't spring back then turn the gear wheel a bit more until the CD is out.

If it's a firmware update CD, the Connect Nav+ may not recover from an interrupted update.

Easiest way to get it out is holding the CD in place with your finger (top has to come off as described) and start the CN+ up. After three failed attempts to read the CD (cause it's not turning) the auto-eject wil spitt it out.

gr J

PS Burn a new update CD at 1 speed. Don't use this CD again.

Been there done that...Bought the T-shirt;)

Back