General Key fob not working - even with new battery

Currently reading:
General Key fob not working - even with new battery

Hi everyone, I unlocked my car this morning no problem, but half an hour later and I can't lock/unlock the car with the remote. The LED just flashes once quickly when I press the button. I replaced the battery with a brand new one but still the same thing, the LED just flashes once quickly when I press a button.

Anybody know what I can do?

Thanks alot everybody :D

which button did you hold down do you remember? I have just connected the battery back up but still nothing, have disconnected it again just incase I didn't leave it long enough. How long does you led light up for when you press it, mine only does a quick flash (cant remember what it used to do though)

That's just a setting on your menu button that will reset.

Try this from another post -

try re-registering the remote (put one key in the ignition and turn it to the ‘on’ position <to power everything on.. do not start the car> then click the unlock button on the other key <also try the lock button – i can never remember which one it is> if the locks click all is well

update things I have tried so far:

Disconnected the battery for 30minutes- nothing

Held down the buttons - nothing

Changed the battery - nothing

put one key in ignition and pressed button - nothing

The red led on the key fob flashes when I press it, I can lock and unlock the car manually fine, start the engine fine. Its just the locking and unlocking using the buttons on the fob that isn't working. Any help pleaseeeeee :worship: ..... Also I have the key code if thats any good.

I can't help you mate but i'm in the exact same position. One minute the remote was working, the next, its stopped! I sent my key off because i thought maybe it wasn't transmitting a signal but the report came back that the remote was fine and the problem was with the car. I've tried exactly what you've done but to no avail. Its been like this for a good few months now but i just haven't got the cash to get it fixed at fiat because i know it won't be cheap. On a side note, where did u get your key code or did you already get it with the car?

:yeahthat: I am in exactly the same position, Fiat dealer said that the problem is with the receiver not the key but quoted a horrendous amount to fix... Very annoying as I have never had the luxury of remote locking, the previous owner just told me the key needed a new battery (BS). I dont have a spare either :(

I already had they key code mate, was in with my service book etc. A friend of mine who is a fiat tech said the car may have lost the code so he will bring home something either tonight or tomorrow to make the car re-read the code or something. Not quite sure what it means but he said he would fix it for nout even if it means taking the car in :worship:

I already had they key code mate, was in with my service book etc. A friend of mine who is a fiat tech said the car may have lost the code so he will bring home something either tonight or tomorrow to make the car re-read the code or something. Not quite sure what it means but he said he would fix it for nout even if it means taking the car in :worship:

Mate, i need a mate like yours!!! If it works, i really want to get mine done too as its annoying always having to open the doors with the key. Also, my key doesnt fit the boot so i always have to unlock the whole car before i can open the boot.

If your mate gets it to work, i'll pay him to do mine too please. Any discount would be much appreciated! (y)

Back