Technical temporary fault - whats wrong with my car

Currently reading:
Technical temporary fault - whats wrong with my car

berry392

this morning, i started my car (fiat grande punto 1.2l active 2006) only to find serveral lights staying on, on the dashboard.

petrol gauge saying im out of fuel (even though i had half a tank the day before), the 'abs' light was on, the handbrake light was on (even though handbrake was off) and the airbag light was on.
the indicators didnt make any noise when i used them (but the actual indicator bulbs were working).

drove to petrol station and put a tenner in just incase i had a fuel leak, and then when i started my car again, all the lights went off, and everything was back to normal.

anyone know what could of caused this problem????

yes sounds like battery issue, possibly a bad earth. check battery terminals for soundness & trace earth to body & check nice & tight & also check rust isnt causing bad earth, if it is unscrew earth and sandpaper or wire wool clean. there is also a chance of defective battery itself or slipping alternator belt. just check everything under the bonnet

This exact thing happened to me the other day, I know it may sound random and is 99% most likely to be completely unrelated, but was the car parked on a hill before the problems arose? It's just because I was parked on a very steep hill when it happened to me so I just put it down to water trickling into the fuse box temporarily and disturbing the electrics ?

This might sound completely stupid, but try opening the boot, keeping this opened for about 1 minute and then shut the boot again.

For some reason, this is a way to reset the electrics on the car. Well that's what I was told by the Fiat Dealer when my radio was asking for a code, i opened the boot and shut it again and problem was resolved.

Back