General Parking Sensors

Currently reading:
General Parking Sensors

BGP500

Hello all, looking for a bit of advice. My wife owns a 1.4 lounge, which we bought when it was a year old. Her sister got a new car with rear parking sensors and apparently this is a "must have" option now........women!
Does anyone know if retro fitting them onto the car is possible? Or anyone know any good aftermarket systems? Had a look on Fiat website but doesnt seem to list it......also id probably be cheaper buying a new car anyway:)

P.S. Also any tips on a good cleaning product for the checkered seats?

Cheers for any advice.

Hello all, looking for a bit of advice. My wife owns a 1.4 lounge, which we bought when it was a year old. Her sister got a new car with rear parking sensors and apparently this is a "must have" option now........women!
Does anyone know if retro fitting them onto the car is possible? Or anyone know any good aftermarket systems? Had a look on Fiat website but doesnt seem to list it......also id probably be cheaper buying a new car anyway:)

P.S. Also any tips on a good cleaning product for the checkered seats?

Cheers for any advice.

Yup, should cost about £300.

Halfords do some kits that will fit almost anything. Some of the stores can arrange to have them fitted too.

I bookmarked this thread aages ago, could be useful
http:// www .fiatforum.com/500/228415-just-fitted-some-parking-sensors.html
(just remove the spaces, I can't post links yet)

I got my ones from ebay. I am waiting for the usual know all to turn up saying you don't need them, and I agree you don't NEED them but they are nice to have all the same.
I payed about £15 for my ones and did not need to get them painted as I have a black car. I fitted them in about half and hour.

I got my ones from ebay. I am waiting for the usual know all to turn up saying you don't need them, and I agree you don't NEED them but they are nice to have all the same.
I payed about £15 for my ones and did not need to get them painted as I have a black car. I fitted them in about half and hour.

Now who would that be?

Interestingly my dealer put sensors on my BNW car and the white paint is flaking off one after only six months...

My gawd some of you people really do like to have a bitch :)

Now who would that be?

Heck, Rui even disapproves of people saying that you don't need them, even though he himself agrees! :confused:

I did write out one of my trademark rant posts but realised that it would just be giving trolls what they want even moreso than what I've already done. All we need now is for Rui and RobinPJ to give each other the trademark congratulatory thanks and we've got a typical 500 thread :)

Last edited:
I did not say I disapprove of them. I think they are great and the last 6 new cars I have brought have had them, apart from the 500 so I fitted them.

I did not say I disapprove of them. I think they are great and the last 6 new cars I have brought have had them, apart from the 500 so I fitted them.

I never said you disapprove of them, I said that you agree that they're not necessary ;) Therefore it's reasonable to assume that you disapprove of people saying you don't need them

I am waiting for the usual know all to turn up saying you don't need them

I agree you don't NEED them but they are nice to have all the same.

Confused much? :ROFLMAO:

My gawd some of you people really do like to have a bitch :)

Heck, Rui even disapproves of people saying that you don't need them, even though he himself agrees! :confused:

I did write out one of my trademark rant posts but realised that it would just be giving trolls what they want even moreso than what I've already done. All we need now is for Rui and RobinPJ to give each other the trademark congratulatory thanks and we've got a typical 500 thread :)

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

wow Robin, what a comeback! Why don't you just admit that you saw a bandwagon to jump on and did so willingly to illicit a response....

Bugger. I'm guessing that's more or less how it's going to be in the long term? Very sorry to hear it :(

There's another thread around where someone backed into an unexpectedly adjacent car and damaged a rear bumper with its parking sensors!

I also hope you're ok mate but have to ask is driving legal when you have vision problems??

Yes, as in the "normal" position my eyesight is totally perfect.

It's just when I start looking around to the exremes of left & right & down much more than a few degrees.

DVLA say I'm OK & have a report from my surgeon who looked after me.

Yep, no more room for improvement & any operation would be 50/50 if it made it better or worse, I know I can cope perfectly well with what I have so better the devil you know & all that.

I sympathise - I've had operations on both my eyes - both successful - but you become very aware that you come with just the one set.

Back