Technical Doblo Van Rear Door Lock

Currently reading:
Technical Doblo Van Rear Door Lock

EddieEdwards

Hello

I'm new to this forum so please excuse me if this has been asked and answered before (I've had a quick search through the posts and can't find the answer to my specific problem).

The key lock on the rear (split) doors of my van (02 plate) turns ok, and there is an audible click, but the door won't lock. Both doors open close ok, they just won't lock.

Also, the barrel that the key goes into, can be pulled out when they key is in it.

Do I need a new barrel, a different part, or is it something I can fix fairly easily (I'm not very mechanically minded!)? I did take off the inside panel and handle to see if I could see anything. I saw lots of stuff, but I don't know what I am looking at!

Many thanks in advance,

Eddie

hi there I just brought a 2004 doblo of a friend and he had the same problem as you swell as a few other key related issues and ended up having all locks barrel etc changed they seem to have a few problems with keys from what I've read but again I'm also new to these

I just spent half an hour spraying loads of WD40 right into the locking mechanism. Still no joy!

Eddie look again, theres loads of threads on this, and single door version, with pictures aswell.

Thanks for your reply.

I did a couple of searches and there are quite a few posts but I can't see one relating to my particular problem.

I've taken the trim off the inside, and also the handle, so I can see into where the mechanism is with a torch. there are two rods connected to the mechanism, one up and one down, and these seem to be working ok as the door opens and shuts. I've sprayed loads of WD40 in there with the straw thing attached so I can get right in there.

When I turn the key there is a click and I can see something, like a metal plate, moving through 90 degress as I turn the key but the door doesn't lock. Are there supposed to be any rods or anything attached to this little plate?

Back