Technical seicento won,t rev past 3000rpm

Currently reading:
Technical seicento won,t rev past 3000rpm

big cheese

hi my seicento sporting 1108 spi wont rev past about 3000 rpm when HOT,when its cold it goes great revs up nice but when it warms up it will not rev past 3000 there are no fault lights coming on,if you take the air filter off when its hot and squirt a bit of petrol down the inlet it will rev up all the way,
i have changed the crank sensor but it is still the same,can anyone help,

Hi

When you turn on the ignition does the fault light comeon and then go off.

If the ECU is unhappy it will rev limit the auto to 3000 rpm, but it should also turn the light on as well.

Noel

no lights on when driving or when you rev it up,it only happens when the engine is hot,when cold revs and runs fine

will check that tomorrow as the car is not with me now,what are the options if it doe,s come on and then goes off,and what if it don,t come on at all

the injector light comes on when you put the ignition on then goes off after about you have started it and doe,s not come on when the fault is there,if you turn it off and then turn the ignition back on you can hear the fuel pump charging up then start it it will rev fine for a few seconds then doe,s the same again won,t rev past 3000 ?????

it like holding back no miss firing it,s like being starved of fuel if you drop petrol down the inlet it will rev up fine for a few seconds,up to 3000 it is all normal ????

Could be the fuel filter is full of crap from the tank and limiting the flow rate.
The pump in the tank may have a strainer so check this also.

Last edited:
Back