General Panda extinction

Currently reading:
General Panda extinction

Seems there is a dwindling supply of Pandas in the UK!

They used to be ten a penny on ebay, now it seems prices are going up - even for knackers!

My guess is that people have figured out they are very cheap insurance and you can practically build one from scratch using ebay and FF.

Surely someone on here must have or know someone with a carb or pre 1992 Panda they want to get rid of? Let me know!!!!!!!!!!

I havn't previously even considered selling it, but my high mileage (160,000) 91 CL is sitting doing nothing in a lockup in the scottish borders. My y10 is monopolising my time and money, so I could be tempted to part with it. What are you planning to do when you get a Panda

Last edited:
I agree there are fewer about but it always goes quiet this time of year (ie. winter).

You need to be patient but when you do find one you like the look of on eBay and you want it enough, you should always consider the fact that the auction may not go to the end so you may need to get over there with hard cash and get it taken off.

I have done this on 2-3 occassions - the only downside is that you have to negotiate a price in line with what the seller expects, when of course you might of had a bargain had the auction gone to the bitter end.

Also, work out what model you want - don't buy the spec you didn't really want as that will niggle after a while. I bought a Cinq SX once and even though it was a nice car, I never got over the fact it wasn't a yellow Sporting. So in other words, if you've always hankered after a 4x4 then you should hold out for one. However, it's supply and demand so if there is competition for a car expect to pay a premium. :u(

Hope this helps.

<M>

Last edited:
I agree there are fewer about but it always goes quiet this time of year (ie. winter).

You need to be patient but when you do find one you like the look of on eBay and you want it enough, you should always consider the fact that the auction may not go to the end so you may need to get over there with hard cash and get it taken off.

I have done this on 2-3 occassions - the only downside is that you have to negotiate a price in line with what the seller expects, when of course you might of had a bargain had the auction gone to the bitter end.

Also, work out what model you want - don't buy the spec you didn't really want as that will niggle after a while. I bought a Cinq SX once and even though it was a nice car, I never got over the fact it wasn't a yellow Sporting. So in other words, if you've always hankered after a 4x4 then you should hold out for one. However, it's supply and demand so if there is competition for a car expect to pay a premium. :u(

Hope this helps.

<M>

i second that =]

i was looking for one for about 8 months befor i came across the one i got now i no its not great but its in pritty good nick and for a daliy / soon to be show car =p its not bad needs a new interor but heck i dont care lol

i hope you find one dude i was considering selling mine but i dunno lol

Back