Technical Window problems

Currently reading:
Technical Window problems

My daughters Bravo had the same issue.

Relay is the big black one at the back of the glove box on the nearside. It also opertaes the sun roof, so it's not likely to be that.

~~~~~~~~
Use a flat screwdriver to lever the switches from the door panel. Should come out quite easily.

Check the power SUPPLIES to the switch. The 2 outer ones should be live with the ignition on, IIRC. Try "shorting" the switch. If the motor whirs into life hit Ebay for a new switch (you can't dismantle them --- I've tried).

If not then try the big cable where it comes into the door. Twist the nut and disconnect it. Clean the connections you can get at. Plug it back and there should be a decided "click" when it goes back.

Still not working? Remove the door card. On my daughters the plug had worked it's way off the motor. Spot of superglue and some tape sorted it.

Hope that helps.

My daughters Bravo had the same issue.

Relay is the big black one at the back of the glove box on the nearside. It also opertaes the sun roof, so it's not likely to be that.

~~~~~~~~
Use a flat screwdriver to lever the switches from the door panel. Should come out quite easily.

Check the power SUPPLIES to the switch. The 2 outer ones should be live with the ignition on, IIRC. Try "shorting" the switch. If the motor whirs into life hit Ebay for a new switch (you can't dismantle them --- I've tried).

If not then try the big cable where it comes into the door. Twist the nut and disconnect it. Clean the connections you can get at. Plug it back and there should be a decided "click" when it goes back.

Still not working? Remove the door card. On my daughters the plug had worked it's way off the motor. Spot of superglue and some tape sorted it.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for the help. I tried yet another switch, its still the same. Theres clicking from the relay when I press to go down but nothing when I click up, I'm guessing that the motor has had it. The window is fully down so it wont be easy getting it up :( I will test the motor as soon as I can :)

Im having issues with my passenger window. Only got the car in august and when i had went to view it window went down but not up. The guy said he would replace the motor so when i picked it up all was well. Now just recently the window wont go up or down!

were is this magic plug?
There's a thick bunch of cables that comes out of the door pillar by the hinges.

It goes into a plug / socket mounted on the front edge of the door.

Twist the nut and disconnect it. Clean the connections you can get at. Plug it back. There should be a decided "click" when it goes back.

I forgot to update this, whoops :eek:

To cut a long story short, I replaced the loom going into the car and that solved that (y)

Image0498.jpg

Image0500.jpg

Image05011.jpg

Image0507.jpg

Image0508.jpg

Image0509.jpg

Image0510.jpg

Still working perfectly :D

Amazing work there - Nice photos - Thumbs up (y):slayer:(y):slayer:(y)

where is the connector gor front driver side ive fixed the rear as u showed but cant find the front connector..help

Back