Technical Rear Wiper and Heated Rear Window simultaneous, intermittent failure.

Currently reading:
Technical Rear Wiper and Heated Rear Window simultaneous, intermittent failure.

I am having an intermittent problem on my 2002 Sporting Seicento. Both the rear wiper and HRW stop working at the same time (then start working again at the same time). The contact block on the boot looks OK. The fuses are obviously OK. Could it be an earth problem? If so is it the earth at the rear of the car on the exhaust side? Any other ideas? Many thanks

Think there is a common earth between the car and the tailgate...

My car needs copper grease on the contacts.

Does the high level stop light fail as well?

Noel

High level stop light is OK, still an earth problem do you think?

Dont no. I'd have to check the tailgate wiring with a multi meter on resistance, I recall from last time I had problems it (the wiring) was strange, so might still be earth. All my problems were the tail gate contects.

Try folding the seats and look at voltage on wiring with combinations of wiper and heater on and off, from inside the auto.

Sorry

Noel

Job sorted ............ it was the contact block (the strip of 4) on the body. Turned out that it had melted inside the "2 pin" conector at the back. Got one from scrapie (DA Autos, Dumfries ...... they have 3 sportings in "stock" and mail order 2nd hand parts world wide!!) for £5 they gave me all 4 blocks. Thanks to all for the help

Back