1999 fiat scudo 1.9 td non starting

Currently reading:
1999 fiat scudo 1.9 td non starting

hillwalker1958

during this very cold spell my scudo refused to start ,the glow plug warning light went off and was replaced by a stop signal and the orange fuel injection management fault light , i have checked the earth and they are fine ,, fuel is getting to the pump but no further help please ,,i have tried towing it but its deffo a fuel problem and wunt run ,,:confused: i have bled the condense valve and reprimed the rubber bottle fuel is ok not waxed

is it possible all 4 glow plugs have failed? are these seperately fused as i can find nothing relating to them in the vehicle handbook ,,thanks

Hi mate,

Highly unlikely to be a problem with the glow plugs. You have said there is no fuel getting past the pump... how did you check this, did you do a leak off test?

If indeed there is no fuel getting past the pump, then its likely that the stop solonoid is sticking on the HP fuel pump. This is somwhat common. IS there any other warnings on? Such as "code"

Alan

we disconnected 2 injectors and no 2 had no fuel coming from it there is a warning light coming on ,, the amber check system, which comes on wen ther is a failurein the fuel feed /ignition system

we tried reading the code using a bosch reader but it seemed to lock out on us ,, we wer getting no response

is ther anyway we can check this stop solinoid , and if it is the problem ,can it be purchased independently from the fuel pump ,,thx alan

ty frontera for the site address,, i am looking at it just now ,hopefully with all the imput from here i will get it running ,appreciate your advice ,, thx again ,, cheers..alan

ahhhh one last thing , jeez i feel like inspector cluso here ,,if the stop soleniod on the pump is faulty ,,is the ecu clever enough to put out the glow plug lights ,and put on the amber fuel fault management light ,:confused:i guess im just trying to make a decent guess that the fault is not in the ecu ,,thx again ,,alan

some stop solenoids you can test by removing the plunger from them then refitting. the engine should start but you'd need to stall it to get it to stop if it is the solenoid thats the problem. Are you actually getting 12v to the solenoid?

Hi mate,

Just another quick thing to add... have you tried resetting the emergency fuel cut off switch?

Alan

ahhhhhhhhhhhh a twist to the tale ..mechanic has now checked everything ,, glow plugs fine fuel getting to everywhere it shud now ,butttttttttttttttcar is misfiring , holding back ,, he feels when we had the -17 temp freeze up and i had tried to start the scudo it has slipped
a couple of teeth on the timing and now he is going to remove casing and check ..ill keep update d,,thx everyone

well here we go ,, petrolhead ty u wer right ,it was the stop solinoid on the pump , £280 squid later its driving like a dream ,the pump folk apparently had to remove pump then fit a new solinoid and rewire so the ecu recognises it ,still seems like a lot of dosh although my existing prob with the non existant glow plug light and the injection fault warning is still there,,i smell a new chapter coming on :eek:

just wondering wether it cud be the fuel filter needing replaced or cleaned out has knocked out the glow plug lights and put on the injection fault light, what u think ??

Back