Technical Remote Central Locking failed

Currently reading:
Technical Remote Central Locking failed

kezzy1966

Hi all,

I have a 02 Doblo diesel ELX JTD. After the recent period of snow in London, the car started fine then after 20 mins (and whilst still driving!) the yellow security key light came on the dash board.

I know that will happen if you try to start the engine with a key that is not programmed to the engines security system.

So, the engine kept working on that journey and also worked when I turned the engine off & on. However, the remote central locking now does not work (when I press the button on the key).

Unfortunately I only have one key with remote locking so I cannot eliminate the key or the system.

This key is a replacement of about 6 months. My missus insisted on putting the old one through the hot wash cycle while it was in my work trousers.

So is it a faulty key?
Can A fiat gargage test it?
Any other things I can do?

Thanks

Amazingly I fixed it by accident after changing the door check strap! I unbolted the main reset switch to get into a pillar and had trouble starting the car again.

It was only when I reset the switch that it all worked again. Amazing. The remote has been out for a month or so. Battery fine in fob and on Doblo.

Weird.

My key stopped working tried everything suggested Disconnected battery to do clutch re fit :slayer: key worked again

Back