Technical Fiat Palio Starting Problem

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Palio Starting Problem

fiatinjeti

Fiat Palio 1.2 ELX PS 2002 model. I bought it an year back from a mechanic. Running is very excellent. It never gave me any problem. Only issue with my Palio is when I start it. It was good initially.

One fine day when I was starting my car, it didnt start, I took help from people around, like pushing from behind etc.., and finally I brought my mechanic. Mechanic found out that when I turn on the ignition key its cranking, that means battery is perfect. Then he found out that petrol is not passing from the petrol tank to the engine. He took the fuse out which was loose and has put some wire around it and put back the fuse. It just started like a normal car.

I too learned that trick. Sometimes when the car doesnt start, I just open the fuse box, take the fuse out or will just push the fuse, thats it the car starts. I even do this sometimes, I'll fold the rear seat and will just push the fuses or wires which are above the petrol tank, and in 5 minutes the car starts.

Once I told my mechanic that this is the problem, but as long as the car with my mechanic in the shed, it never gave that problem, so even he could not understand or find out what am saying.

My question is, can anyone please tell me, if I take my car to the showroom how should I explain them or what should I tell them to look into. Because what I fear is if my car doesnt give that problem when at the showroom, those guys might mess up with some other thing, thereby giving origins to new problems.

Please advise, Thanks in advance.

Change the fuel pump fuse :)

Pushing the car and starting the car may damage the Catcon.

Take care and drive safe.

I never started the car while pushing.

How much do you think the fuel pump fuse costs ? Are you sure that this could be the problem ?

Thanks for the information.

A fuse shouldn't cost much - i think that the fuse is at fault - since fiddling with it solves the problem.

As per the manual, Fuel Pump Fuse should be 30 Amp. But in the market only 80 Amp fuse is available. Please let me know if I can use that or not.

Thanks in advance.

where in India do you stay?

If in Mumbai - get in touch with Kava Automobiles at Opera House, if in Bangalore, Gouri Automobiles, if you stay near Noida - get in touch with Samyak Automobiles (TASS)

Check spare fuses in the Fuse box (in-cabin & the engine bay) - check manual for location of spare fuses - get in touch with other dealers if they stock 30amp fuses.

Back