Technical Indicator still comes on when i brake!

Currently reading:
Technical Indicator still comes on when i brake!

JackyBoy1993

Hi am pretty new so am not very good with technical language.

I had a brake light go out and i managed to fix it myself however when the bulb was broke the rear left side indicator came on constant like a brake light would. I thought this was some sort of safty feature and would fix itself once the new bulb was installed but its still coming on when i brake.

Can anyone help?

thanks.

Check all the connections on the break lights are good, the warning light should go off when there is a new bulb.

I would start with the one you had to replace, check the connections are clean and dry etc

seen this problem b4. was driving behind a punto the other week with the same problem... may have even been u. lol. best bet is to clean up all the contacts and with any luck, the problem should go away. may be worth looking deeper into why the connections got like that so it dont happen again.

may be worth looking deeper into why the connections got like that so it dont happen again.
:yeahthat:
the must have been some water trapped in there at some point. maybe a bulb was changed in the rain and some got it or something. just give it a good clean and as long as its all dry just keep an eye on it

Back