Technical Flasher relay location?

Currently reading:
Technical Flasher relay location?

skaramazoo

I have been looking for the flasher relay on my 1998 Brava SX 1.2 16v underneath the steering column but couldn't find it.
Does anyone have any ideas on that?
Thanks very much in advance for your advice.

The relays should be next to the main fusebox, behind the cover next to the steering wheel. Take a peek there (y)

Thanks for the tip. I'll take a look in there. The reason I want to replace the existing working relay is that I am going to replace the existing PY21W bulbs with LEDs.

Alright. So here it is this flasher relay. Managed to extract with some difficulty as it had a snug fit.

Attachments

• brava_flasher_relay.jpg
    brava_flasher_relay.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 243
Sorry its late.How have u got on?

But yer it is a tight fit,i had to use plizers to prize it out.If thats what was there then it must be the one,just in my car is blue.I got a quote from Fiat and theyre £11.99+vat,from A1 Motorcare they're £7 for a universal one (black) or £few from a scrappy (y)

Mike

Thanks for the reply Mickey.
Like you said, I did have difficulty in removing it with bare hands. Had to twist my fingers to prize it out. Re-fitting it was much easier though.
Now with the two LED indicators in the rear tail lights the hazards work just fine but the left & right indicators blink rather faster.
I have yet to find such a relay to accommodate those LEDs. Any ideas would be most welcome. (y)

Well, the thing is you see LED lights consume much less power off my battery and they last way much longer. It's not just about the fancy aspect of it all; there are practical merits to it. Having also replaced the interior courtesy lights with inexpensive, low power 18 LED festoons has added a plus to an otherwise ageing car.

Back