General Loving my 100HP

Currently reading:
General Loving my 100HP

mrstirs

Well picked up my 57 plate 100hp on Friday night, pretty impressed. Traded in a BMW 330i so was scared I was going to really miss it, but the Panda is great!

Will get some photos up soon.

One question - it's pulling pretty noticeably to the left. Hands off the wheel on the motorway and it'll take you across 3 lanes no problem...a bit of searching suggests it could be the common tracking/alignment problems with the 100hp. Any other common causes?

Andrew

Tracking is a common problem, have mine realigned every 6 months and it is out each time without fail.

I've notcied as well (could be just me though) that the car is quite sensitive to tyre pressures. I had a slight pull to the left last week and when I checked the pressures found that there was about 1 bar difference left to right. Inflated both to correct pressure and the problem went away.

Tracking or somebody may have kerbed at high speed and bent the supension.

Glad you like it it must feel very nimble compared to the BMW.

Thanks guys. I need to take it back to the dealer at the weekend anyway so I'll get them to check out the pull. Due to work commitments I only ever saw it in the dark before I bought it, didn't realise the rear light cluster was cracked. So it's going back to get a new one.

I'll have a quick look at the tyre pressures first though.

It's got a little more character than the BMW, but I do miss the creamy smooth straight six, the soft leather and the thick carpets!!

The carpet on the Panda is on the err very cheap side but the mats help a lot with that.

You can get a set from the dealer for £40 for four. They are good quality and feel like they will last beyond the life of the car. The other issue with none OEM mats is the insurance company can say it is a modification it has happened in the past.

I hated paying £40 for them but it has been a good buy, they really finish the car off and give it a little touch of class.

You can get a set from the dealer for £40 for four. They are good quality and feel like they will last beyond the life of the car. The other issue with none OEM mats is the insurance company can say it is a modification it has happened in the past.

Really? I have never, ever heard of that, sounds absolutely bonkers. I've got a dog cover on my rear seats permanently, would that be a modification?

Really? I have never, ever heard of that, sounds absolutely bonkers. I've got a dog cover on my rear seats permanently, would that be a modification?

It is bonkers, I am sure I have mentioned this countless times but I had wheel trims from Quality Save on my Fiesta MK4 and when I phoned the insurance company they said it did count as a modification and was listed as such but it didn't affect my premiums.

I am sure you dog thing will be fine as I am sure any none FIAT mats will be. In the case I know of it was some boy racer who had modded his car, and they refused to pay out as the insurance company said they were not told about the alloys or car mats!.

On one of the sites I visit a man has just had his insurance pay out refused because his rear window was tinted, he bought the car second hand and didn't even know it was a modification he thought it was original so this bonkers things happen.

At the end of the day insurance companies want to get out of paying if possible. I am sure legally though if they refused to pay out because of a mat the insurance company would loose their case.

Back