General Croma Roof Rails - Interchangable?

Currently reading:
General Croma Roof Rails - Interchangable?

Grande Spud

Hi all
Newbie here - just about to buy a Croma for my expanding family!
The one I'm about to sign up for doesn't have the longitudinal roof rails fitted, but another one in the dealership does. Should it be an easy job to swap them over?
i.e. are all the rails the same throughout the Croma model and age range, or did they change design at any point?
Any help/advice would be appreciated as this will be included in the final negitiations!
Cheers.

Thanks for that.
I may have a battle on my hands - I've had a call from the salesman to say the mechanics have told him the bars can't be swapped because the fixings are different on the two cars (ones a diesel eleganza, and the other's a petrol eleganza, but the same age), apparently, 'my' car has 4 fixing points (2 each side) with blanking plates, and the donor rails are fixed in 3 locations each side.
I have my doubts!! Maybe I'm cinical, but I suspect they've realised it's not straight forward and decided to waffle out of it!
It's not a deal breaker, but I'm going to persue it for now.

Thanks for that.
I may have a battle on my hands - I've had a call from the salesman to say the mechanics have told him the bars can't be swapped because the fixings are different on the two cars (ones a diesel eleganza, and the other's a petrol eleganza, but the same age), apparently, 'my' car has 4 fixing points (2 each side) with blanking plates, and the donor rails are fixed in 3 locations each side.
I have my doubts!! Maybe I'm cinical, but I suspect they've realised it's not straight forward and decided to waffle out of it!
It's not a deal breaker, but I'm going to persue it for now.

That sounds like absolute rubbish to me. Different roof bar fixings for petrol or diesel. Come on!!!

Stick with it. They will be desparate to sell a Croma - no one wants them in general (more fool the car buying public).

No difference between different versions of the Croma. It was option 357 from new.

357 LONGITUDINAL BARS FOR ROOF RACK

The only difference is if you have option 400..

400 OPENABLE ELECTRICAL SUNROOF

Then it needs some different bolts for the rear and mid mounts as they use M6x18 and M6x10 screws instead of M6 x 20 and M6 x 10. They will cost all of 36p each.

naread.exe

735410649 DS 01
735410650 SN 01

£124 per side.

naread.exe

735403817 DS 357 01 099
735403819 SN 357 01 099

Part number 3 - £33 each side. Specific for Option 357 (the roofrails).

You can print this out for them if you like. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the info on this. Don't quite get the second pic though - is the cover strip (item 3) needed to go with the roof rails to allow fixing? and what do the non-rail cars have instead? This may explain the dealers stance i.e. the swap over wouldn't be 'free' - a pair of £33 each strips may be required as well.

plus plugging the holes on the donor car makes it a total of four strip masks

Back