Tuning Induction kit/air feed

Currently reading:
Tuning Induction kit/air feed

CrAiG 135T

Hey Guys,

I shall ask the Chavvyest question on here yet!!

Has anyone changed the air feed yet? The dealership evo sporting im borrowing has what I think is a pipercross and you really hear the wind/whistle of the turbo and the waste. It sounds amazing!!!

Due to this I have to buy one! Anybody have a recommendation on brands? I've never bought engine mods before.

Thanks,
Craig

Hey Guys,

I shall ask the Chavvyest question on here yet!!

Has anyone changed the air feed yet? The dealership evo sporting im borrowing has what I think is a pipercross and you really hear the wind/whistle of the turbo and the waste. It sounds amazing!!!

Due to this I have to buy one! Anybody have a recommendation on brands? I've never bought engine mods before.

Thanks,
Craig
Are you sure that it has an induction kit fitted?... I’ve never heard of a dealership putting an induction kit on one of their own cars before!
With Induction kits there’s a lot to think about and consider:
Do you want an open cone filter? (Very loud, but can suffer from heat soak unless positioned correctly… which isn’t always easy!)
Do you want a CDA Type Filter? (Fairly quiet although allows the dump valve to be heard, protected from excess heat soak, can produce descent power gains… but can require cleaning more often, and as I found out its more of a custom job to get one to fit… like mine)
Do you want a panel filter? No increase in sound but provides descent gains and not easily spotted in you engine bay… which can be a good thing!)

If you want pure sound and aren’t bothered about anything else, I’d simply fit a BMC twin cone (or similar) with the appropriate neck size.

Last edited:
Cheers for the reply mate.

Yeh I know it's crazy but there is one on it. Pipercross I believe!!

I'm just after the sound of the dump etc to be honest. I'm not that fussed on speed gains due to the evo being my fastest car yet but any gains are a bonus!

So if i search for a BMC twin cone that should do the job? :)

What are your thoughts on pipercross and K&N? I'm assuming BMC is better?

Thanks!

Cheers for the reply mate.

Yeh I know it's crazy but there is one on it. Pipercross I believe!!

I'm just after the sound of the dump etc to be honest. I'm not that fussed on speed gains due to the evo being my fastest car yet but any gains are a bonus!

So if i search for a BMC twin cone that should do the job? :)

What are your thoughts on pipercross and K&N? I'm assuming BMC is better?

Thanks!
In my opinion BMC, Ramair & Simota are very good. (y)
Pipercross… I’ve never tried their cone filters only the panel one (they are ok but tend to be very oily which can be bad)… People seem to either love or hate them!
K&N again in my opinion steer well clear! (n)

If your just wanting the sound then the easiest way to go is to remove the airbox and stick a cone filter with the correct neck diameter (about 74mm OD I think) on the pipe (where you removed the air box from). One other thing to remember when looking for a cone filter is that they all differ in sizes and the size you have to work with in the engine bay in very limited, so remember to measure everything… TWICE!
If you look at my pics in the “my garage” section on my profile there should be a pic of my CDA which should help give you some idea of what to do.
Hope some of that makes sense and helps you!

im still debating if i should or shouldnt get the induction kit. im waiting for responses on what the pros and cons are on the multiair with the induction kit being new technology might react diffrently. im not a tech head so im very carefull. should i shouldnt i hmmmmmmm

Back