Technical Mk2 8v Active Engine issue

Currently reading:
Technical Mk2 8v Active Engine issue

MadMan0

Mk1 Punto Owner - 51 Mpg
Hi all, again, again...:p

54 plate 1.2L 8v active.
Issues started with loss of power steering, power steering light came on.
Personlly i thought it was a low battery.

Owner stopped driving it and it's been parked at side of road for a while. every weekend when i come home i turn it over and try to move it etc,

3 weeks ago the power steering went but it started

2 weeks ago, the power steering light was still on and engine SLOWLY started. Engine management light came on

1 week ago engine failed to start, all lights on clock fashing - signs of dead batery, Anway, managed to start it, revved it, drove it up and down the road to charage battery. Power steering came back, light went off but engine management stays on. I noticed bits - more like white bubbles in the oil on dipstick. THinking HG was going - FF advised not, so left it:p

This week, engine starts power steering still working, but alot of smoke and a VERY rough idle. engine making odd nosies, if you rev it - i.e foot to floor then off, the engines response is rev, drop, rev, dop, idle - fast/slow depending on the engines mood:p

Smoke looks a mix of oil and vapour. it's a very light blue and white colour, if you run engine long enough the smoke stops, coolent is not dropping and oil level is not droping:confused: my guess it's not burning all feul proper(y)

Any cheep ideas for getting it working? it's going to garage when we get money thou(y)

Back