General Multijet Elegenza - 1 month in

Currently reading:
General Multijet Elegenza - 1 month in

kEvo95

After 1 month and about 900miles with the Multijet [95] I thought I'd share some 'Marmite' observations seeing as I'm the only vocal diesel owner around at the moment!

"Loves" (y)
- The turbo kick and power band for 3rd & 4th
- Cruising at 2200 in 6th at 70mph
- Discovered my Navman sticks nicely on the compartment lid next to the proper satnav dock. And it hasnt broken yet!
- 60mpg on a long run to the in-laws
- Lazy driving in auto, full gear control in semi-auto

"Hates" (n)
- Wish the engine was quieter around town
- Sluggish below 1600rpm
- The wing mirrors dont manually fold in?!?!
- The driver-side wing mirror generates far more wind noise than the passenger side!
- The glovebox is about half the size of the one in my old clio mk1
- The radiator and intercooler are far too exposed on the elegenza grille. Got lots of stone dents already.

Any other Multijet drivers out there??

After 1 month and about 900miles with the Multijet [95] I thought I'd share some 'Marmite' observations seeing as I'm the only vocal diesel owner around at the moment!

"Loves" (y)
- The turbo kick and power band for 3rd & 4th
- Cruising at 2200 in 6th at 70mph
- Discovered my Navman sticks nicely on the compartment lid next to the proper satnav dock. And it hasnt broken yet!
- 60mpg on a long run to the in-laws
- Lazy driving in auto, full gear control in semi-auto

"Hates" (n)
- Wish the engine was quieter around town
- Sluggish below 1600rpm
- The wing mirrors dont manually fold in?!?!
- The driver-side wing mirror generates far more wind noise than the passenger side!
- The glovebox is about half the size of the one in my old clio mk1
- The radiator and intercooler are far too exposed on the elegenza grille. Got lots of stone dents already.

Any other Multijet drivers out there??
Have to say I’m slightly surprised that there isn’t more M-Jet Evo’s out there.
The wing mirrors DO manually fold… maybe yours are just very stiff?!... my old panda had that problem.

I'm not a multijet owner but...

I drive back from work at midnight each day up the A24 from Worthing, and a month after getting mine I hit a fox. Not only did it crack my bumper and smash the grill but somehow it's head managed to poke through the grill and dent my intercooler !

Then exactly a month after getting it back from repair I hit a rabbit (it hopped up and bounced - I mean this rabbit was TINY) , and that cracked the indicator glass and also broke the headlight mounting points. That in turn damaged the paint on the bumper so I needed yet another new bumper.... :bang:

I feel as if the front section is made of tissue paper it's so flimsy. Now I'm scared to drive home any faster than 30 mph lol.

I'm not a multijet owner but...

I drive back from work at midnight each day up the A24 from Worthing, and a month after getting mine I hit a fox. Not only did it crack my bumper and smash the grill but somehow it's head managed to poke through the grill and dent my intercooler !

Then exactly a month after getting it back from repair I hit a rabbit (it hopped up and bounced - I mean this rabbit was TINY) , and that cracked the indicator glass and also broke the headlight mounting points. That in turn damaged the paint on the bumper so I needed yet another new bumper.... :bang:

I feel as if the front section is made of tissue paper it's so flimsy. Now I'm scared to drive home any faster than 30 mph lol.
If I were you I’d be more worried about being spotted by the RSPCA!!:eek:
Anyway I would think that words probably got round the local wildlife to stay out of your way by now!:ROFLMAO:

Back