Technical Multifunction Display Question

Currently reading:
Technical Multifunction Display Question

PolHam

Just got an 04 Stilo 5dr 1.2 Active. The Multifuctional display only shows the time, temp and total mileage.
The display has a black strip along the top of it which going by the manual is where the fuctions list and date are meant to be displayed, Is this normal?

Also the mode button sort of works but the two arrow buttons dont, any ideas?

Also the trip button isn't working which i suspect is linked to the other issue mentioned.

Many thanks

Having suspected something wasn't 100% i used some info posted on the forum to take out the display and found that someone had placed black tape over the menu info on the display to hide an airbag failure warning however there is no airbag light accompanying it. Is the warning message without the light normal?

Having suspected something wasn't 100% i used some info posted on the forum to take out the display and found that someone had placed black tape over the menu info on the display to hide an airbag failure warning however there is no airbag light accompanying it. Is the warning message without the light normal?

My guess is they took the bulb out. If they took time to cover the display they probabely took the time to remove the bulb from the warning light. :(

What some people would do... incredible.

Do you still hear 3 beeps when you start the engine or has the buzzer been taken out too?

Still hear the 3 beeps so the buzzer is still there I know that. It wasn't until I reconnected everything that I remembered about the bulb possibly being missing.

Is the airbag failure a common problem on the stilo and if so is it costly to get repaired?

Noticed your from my neck of the woods, where did you buy the car from out of curiosity? Wouldn't happened to have been Jack Reids would it :p? Noticed they had a 5 door Stilo recently and it sounds like something they would do :(

I bought it off a private seller in belfast who obviously thought I wouldn't investigate the beeps and the tape. Going to try and see if it's the connectors under the seat as a starting point but this is my first car and I have to say I am no longer surprised by the lengths some people will go to, to hide something like that instead of being upfront and honest.

Back