Technical Climate control - cold air only on drivers side?

Currently reading:
Technical Climate control - cold air only on drivers side?

pc99

Climate Control - hot air on passenger side only

Has anybody else experienced this problem.

The climate control on my car has got 'stuck' twice now. When this happens, the passenger side vents blow out hot air, regardless of the temperature setting. Fiddling with all the controls has no effect, although the drivers side adjusts with the settings.

After switching off the ignition and coming back later, all seems okay again.

I assume that what is happening is that the passenger side vents are sticking in one position.

Just wondering if I'm the first.

re: Climate Control - hot air on passenger side only

I've had the same, I booked the car in to the garage to have it looked at but 2 days before it was due in it sorted itself out, typical. I've not had this problem since, this must have been over 6 months ago now

It's nice to know I'm not alone.

I guess I'll keep an eye on it and if it keeps doing it, I'll have to book it in.

It will be the air mixer paddles messing up and causing the problem. Mine has exactly the same issue, and eventually Techinical came down and diagnosed that a motor needed replacing. Collecting the car on Friday, so fingers crossed...

Regards,

James Mayl

Cheers for the info.

I'll ask the dealer to take a look next time I book the car in. I have a couple of other niggles to sort out.

My Stilo Abarth has done 28000 and my climate system has developed this fault. It's booked tommorow, I will post my results.

I've actually booked mine in to be looked at on Friday, along with a couple of other problems.

I've got the dual zone climate on my MW.
This morning coming to work when I switched the heating on the drivers side just blew out cold air but the passengers side was blowing out whatever temp I selected.

I finally fixed it by stopping, switching off then starting up again and pressing loads of buttons and adjusting the temp.

It's not the first time this has happened (maybe twice before) but it's annoying.

Has anyone else had this?

timr69 said:
I've got the dual zone climate on my MW.
This morning coming to work when I switched the heating on the drivers side just blew out cold air but the passengers side was blowing out whatever temp I selected.

I finally fixed it by stopping, switching off then starting up again and pressing loads of buttons and adjusting the temp.

It's not the first time this has happened (maybe twice before) but it's annoying.

Has anyone else had this?

Hi,

I have same problem now but mine is blowing warm air at drivers side and what ever I select on passengers. Observe that my drivers side is to the left...

Fiat checked my car but they could not find any fault, what they did is to calibrate my ACC I don't know exactly what they have done...

So, anybody else with same problems?

I had this problem intermittantly.

I've just had it fixed - before the warranty expired.
The fault item was an actuator which controls the position of the paddles which direct airflow to the various outlets.

It's taken several months and several visits for my dealer to even diagnose the problem, and then several attempts to actually order the right part.

pc99 said:
I had this problem intermittantly.

I've just had it fixed - before the warranty expired.
The fault item was an actuator which controls the position of the paddles which direct airflow to the various outlets.

It's taken several months and several visits for my dealer to even diagnose the problem, and then several attempts to actually order the right part.

Did you have the problem all the time or just sometimes like 2 times in 2 months? It's kind of hard for Fiat to find the fault if it works like it should when you show them your car!

My dealer diagnosed the problem as the 'mixture flap' which wasn't working properly all the time.

They ordered a new one form Fiat who 'sent them something completely different' but with the correct part number.

The car was in last week so they could take it to pieces to look at the mixture flap and get the correct part number off it :confused:
They'll give me a phone when the bit comes in. I'm still waiting......

84jro,

The problem with one side or the other blowing hot when it should've been cold etc, only happened once a week or so.

However it started to deteriorate and if you manually switched vents on and off, the airflow didn't always change.

Ie the unit had a light saying air should only be coming out of the footwell vents but it's blasting out of the windscreen ones as well.

timr69,

I had the exact same problem. They ordered a part, waited ages, ripped the car apart and found it was the wrong part. Then tried to charge me, which I politely refused.

They finally got the correct part and fitted it last week.

Touch wood it seems to be behaving itself so far.

Aaarrrgghhh!!!

This morning I got hot air out of the passenger side vents even when the controls were set to 'LO'.

So the new actuator doesn't seem to have fixed the problem.
And now my warranty has expired.

I repeat. Aaarrrgghhh!!!

Surely if the problem was reported under warranty, and their 'fix' was wrong, you should still be covered?

Go back to dealership - if they get shirty, phone up FIAT Uk and/or Trading Standards.

Stuart's right.

When you get an invoice from them for servicing, etc. it usually says that all parts are covered for xx period of time or xx miles.
This should apply to the warranty repair.

I got a postcard from the dealer to tell me that the part is in but now the bloody car's back at the bodyshop for them to try and finally get it all correct :bang:
By the time I get it back the dealers will probably have sent the bit back or broken it or lost it.

The dealer is 'checking the warranty situation with Fiat'
Hopefully they'll get back to me later today. I'm not holding my breath though.

Does anyone have a number for Fiat, incase things get difficult?

Stuart DemonD said:
Surely if the problem was reported under warranty, and their 'fix' was wrong, you should still be covered?

Go back to dealership - if they get shirty, phone up FIAT Uk and/or Trading Standards.

I agree. If the fault was reported during the warranty period and reappears shortly after, then it obviously wasn't fixed in the first place and you should still be covered.

If the dealer doesn't agree and if Fiat UK then don't agree, take it further.

Stilo Climate Control Posessed By Satan!

Hey guys, since posting last Ive managed to come to terms with the random beeps and errors the car throws up in its daily hissy fits and strops however one obvious problem still remains.

The climate control has a mind of its own... whether set to individual or mono this occurs...

If driver side is set to cold air (or indeed mono mode is set to a low temp) then the passenger side gets roasting hot air, if i set the driver side or mono to a hot temp then the passenger side gets blasted with cold air...

Has anyone else had this problem or aware of what might cause it? :bang:

Re: Stilo Climate Control Posessed By Satan!

I haven't got climate control (which I'm thinking is a good thing ;)) but this has come up quite a few times if you'd care to use the Search function

Back