Technical Ulysse 2.0 JTD Multifunction screen

Currently reading:
Technical Ulysse 2.0 JTD Multifunction screen

carlos321

Hi all

My multifunction screen (no sat model) is not displaying anything, just few lines and dots although the light is on, any suggestion what can be the problem?

Thanks

dont want to frighten you but last one I changed was £330!

(ebay?)
Hi T14086

That`s mean it`s faulty! I got it like that when i bought the car a month ago. If i buy a used one can i plug it straight away or i need FIAT with their software?

I think if you don't have the RT3 its no problem as its only an info screen, when I replaced my RT3 screen it came with a cd to update system. Try searching the Eurovan2 site, some great knowledge on there.(y)(y)

Hi sorry to reply so late.

Thanks Digger58 and T14086 for you help, when i bought the car it came without radio cd and the multidisplay screen was not working. From your reply i understand that the display works in connection with the RT3 which i have not (i have put another radio in now) or it is connected with the ECU? When i fixed the radio i fund only the standards cable that go to the back of the radio. Do i need still the RT3 despite the fact i have not sat installed on my car?
Sorry to bring you back on the point.
Also i will post on Eurovan2 as Digger58 suggested, it looks a good forum.

Cheers

Did the car originally have sat nav and phone? If it did the ONLY way to get the screen working is to get a replacement RT3 unit. This will then have to be coded to the vehicle and possibly will need a software disc installed. ( I have these). Am I to understand that the current radio is not an original unit? If this is the case the screen will not work! To finish, any after market unit will not give you a screen display!:eek:

Hello digger58. I have a similar broken screen issue on my 04 Ulysse JTD Eleganza auto. The stereo (standard) keeps switching itself on and off and the SOS light comes on. No connectnav on the car. Can you send me a copy of a CD please? or is my stereo being interupted by fault warnings? which I cannot read cause my screen is broken.

I don't understand this, you say you don't have connect+ but say you have an sos button, how is this? I thought the sos was part of the connect+ system. As far as I know the sos works via the telephone on the RT3 system.Maybe I'm wrong. post a photo of what you have. My RT3 used to switch off before I reprogrammed it. There is lots of info on the eurovan2 site including updates. Be careful you need to know what programme your system is running before you try and update otherwise you could damage it. If this is just the radio/cd unit I am not sure where to go. What is the screen displaying? pm me if you want and I will try to sort you out. I do have update discs buy need to send the correct one. There is also a disc to update screen software. Confused!!!!
yes so was I and when I got it working I have left it well alone. Also have a look at www.pavlek.de I dont speak/read German but I think they repair screens

Sorry for the delay digger58, I have attached a photo of my music/LCD setup. Car beeps the whole time but I cannot tell why as I can't read this screen. My stereo keeps turning itself on and off too, then SOS light displays. I asssume it's because the car is trying to warn me about my engine issues.

Attachments

• Fiat screen setup.JPG
    Fiat screen setup.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 743
That is an RT3 unit, you have sat nav and phone, I can see the slot on the right hand side for the SIM card. What does the screen display? if anything. I can't make out in the photo but does the unit have GSM on the top right, there are two types of unit, N1 and N3, if you take out the radio, or pull out the grille over the radio you may be able to see what is written on the unit itself. When we establish what exactly you have I may be able to help! BTW you will not be able to do anything until you get a screen working as you can not see what version of software the unit is running etc. Put the screen back in and connect it. turn on the unit and see if you get a Fiat symbol or anything at all .try pressing and holding the menu button for about 5 seconds for a soft reset. Its a start anyway(y)

Last edited:
Yep, the stereo unit does say GSM on the top right. Screen is useless though - I've been trying to source one for over a month.

Attachments

• Screen output.JPG
    Screen output.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 157
Right, the screen seems to be completely f..ked, that photo appears to be showing a bit of the GPS function, did you try the soft reset? Do you have the manual for the unit? Have you been on the eurovan2 site? lots of info there. Try a scrappie for a screen, they do come up now and again on ebay.:)

Thanks. That's what the screen looked like after a soft reset. It is never readable. Can't get hold of one of these screens - I'm always on Ebay. People only seem to be selling the slightly smaller one with 1 button either side. Is this an older one? If I ever get hold of one I'll get back to you thanks digger58. Loads of other faults with my car to look into anyway.

Thanks again digger58. I borrowed a screen off my brothers' neighbour and it told me no end of useless information (I could read it though). It said my navigation CD was incompatible, my child locks were on, I had an anti-pollution fault (like on my petrol 406 coupe) and so-on. However, the stereo did play without interuption. So, I've re-connected our broken/useless unit and the stereo seems to play music without being disturbed by the 45/60 second SOS issue.
This week I have (hopefully) solved a 50% power from cold issue and a worthless stereo issue. I thought that buying a car with the PSA 2.0 HDi engine would be fairly trouble-free. Is my engine just crap or are both the engine and car crap? I'm not a Fiat fan, but our previous petrol (mk1) Ulysse and Mutipla 110 JTD have both seemed relatively trouble free and reliable even if not that frugal 17 and 34 MPG respectively.

Back