Technical 'Check engine' message & engine light on

Currently reading:
Technical 'Check engine' message & engine light on

Hi

Replaced Stilo 1.6 Dynamic with Bravo Dynamic 150 Mjet 4 weeks ago. Everything was good until 'Check engine' message & engine light came on (Friday am). Took to dealer and they said it needs an EGR valve (Wednesday).

They told me they had reset the error, but the engine light's still on...?

Can't help thinking they're guessing. The car has done 36k miles.

All comments appreciated.

Cheers!

i bought a 165T 6 weeks ago 12000 miles and turbo failed on Friday,Fiat are refusing to change it under warranty saying car has been tampered with,even though previous owner was fiat area manager and i bought it from dealer.
hope you have more look than me,im facing a £3k bill on a 6 month old car.

what were youre symptoms

No symptoms other than above! I had switched on cruise control 5 mins before message popped up. No change at all in running.

I would go balistic if they said that to me! Been onto Fiat UK?

yes mate,unfortunately with the weekend and no working at head office im stuck,looks like the old bike to work tomorrow,not what you expect when you buy the top of range model iwth all the toys,wish id keep my PUNTO now !!

hopefully i can get some sense from head office tomorrow.

i also had no warning messages,which i find disturbing.

good luck

i bought a 165T 6 weeks ago 12000 miles and turbo failed on Friday,Fiat are refusing to change it under warranty saying car has been tampered with,even though previous owner was fiat area manager and i bought it from dealer.
hope you have more look than me,im facing a £3k bill on a 6 month old car.

what were youre symptoms

I would get advice on that your problem is actually with the dealer not Fiat, it is up to them to put it right in the first instance as they sold it to you.

Why are they saying it has been tampered with and why is it a 3k job???

Back