General Looking to buy Punto Evo - help with options

Currently reading:
General Looking to buy Punto Evo - help with options

mr tommo

Hi guys, seen a great offer at Bristol Street Motors for a Fiat Punto Evo GP 1.4 8v.

However looking at the spec I have a couple of gripes.

I dislike the alloys - Any idea how much Fiat charge to upgrade to the 17" smoked alloys on the sporting?

Side skirts - Are these included on the GP?

Hi,

The sporting alloys are not available from the factory for the gp. If i was you i would buy alloys seperate - try team dynamics, they are alloys used by touring cars and you can find them at very reasonable prices.

As to the sideskirts, no they're not. The standard skirts do have a little flick on them but the proper side skirts are part of the style pack . The standard skirts look like this http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201019358657618/sort/priceasc/usedcars/model/punto_evo/make/fiat/page/1/radius/1500/postcode/bl09ny/keywords/gp%20%201.3?logcode=p

However, with the way fiat are going and all the mistakes they keep making you may even get side skirts included with your car

Last edited:
That's a bummer. Just come accross the fiat accessories site and a set of 17" Sporting alloys are £582 :/

£500 for the style pack seems like a lot of money to me...

Hopefully the side skirts will become available at a later date on their own.

Thanks guys.

Just need to decide on a colour, GF likes black or white and I'm hoping she goes down the white route ;)

nooo its going to be the exact same stripes as my link above but with the stripes going further up hte bonnet. Personally i think the one on autotrader doesnt look right. The stripes look like a DIY job.

ive ordered white with italian stripes just to lift it abit. Just white looks too plain in my opinon

£500 for the style pack isnt too much in my opinon.
You get side skirts, tinted windows and an upgraded stereo.

so thinking about it, if your doing the car on finance it probably works out at like an extra £10 a month

Is that how the finance deals work? I presumed any optional extras would have to be paid in full before you get the car? Of that's not the case then I would happily have it added to the monthly payments.

I know what you mean about the White looking abut plain. I'm half Italian so I'd have the Italian stripes down it in an instant but unfortunately it's my gf's car :( I'm going to
go for the black side strips though just to break the White up a little bit. Really wish I could get the 11 spoke sporting alloys though. If happily sell my gp ones as brand new and put a bit extra towards the sporting alloys.

Obviously most of you on here have got the car already, fiat claim 49 mpg mixed driving for the 1.4 8v, is that realistic? Not owned a small engined car for a while but seem optimistic to
me!

Is that how the finance deals work? I presumed any optional extras would have to be paid in full before you get the car? Of that's not the case then I would happily have it added to the monthly payments.

I know what you mean about the White looking abut plain. I'm half Italian so I'd have the Italian stripes down it in an instant but unfortunately it's my gf's car :( I'm going to
go for the black side strips though just to break the White up a little bit. Really wish I could get the 11 spoke sporting alloys though. If happily sell my gp ones as brand new and put a bit extra towards the sporting alloys.

Obviously most of you on here have got the car already, fiat claim 49 mpg mixed driving for the 1.4 8v, is that realistic? Not owned a small engined car for a while but seem optimistic to
me!

No the finance is for the whole car, extras and all :)

me!

I have gone for the 1.4 8v GP - I ordered mine on the 8th August and it is being built as we speak. Expected delivery end of september/early october, so i wouldn't know about the fuel economy. Depends how you drive it really.

I would snap the deal up if i were you because the deal ends at the end of september (and it has to have the paperwork sent from the dealership to the factory by the end of september)

For the money nothing can compete with this car. I personally believe fiat having got their figures wrong. HUGE COCK-UP

Ah that's great news about the extra being in the finance. Not
purchased a new car before.

I've spoke to Bristol street Worcester today as they have the best deal ( despite it being 90 miles away :( )

deposit of 199, 6 months at 99 and then remaining 41 month at 129. The only thing holding it up is the part ex price they hve offered. I've told them I want £200 more than they hve offered and she's getting back to me.

The finance deals in this car are a little crazy ATM. We were just looking for a small hatchback that will cost the same as my gf's personal loan for her vw. We are ending up with the best looking hatchback out IMO for less per month than my gf's loan. Looking forward to getting a car that won't need money spending on it for 3 years bar servicing/tyres/brakes.

My local fiat garage are about £1500 more expensive over the same period of time, what are my chances of getting them to match the deal I've found at Worcester?

Thats not a bad deal!
Whats the buy back for the car at the end of it all? because some dealers make their money from there.

They should price match if you show the figures from Worcester, because at the end of the day a sale is a sale.

The buy back is £3785. Not really going to be an option though if I'm honest. The longest I've kept a car is 3 years so would just trade it in and have another new car.

Will give them a ring tomorrow :)

I see the question above about the mpg, my 1.4 8v is averaging 38/39mpg at the mo but my longest journeys are 5miles, stop starting. so 49 is realistic with a decent run imo.

Back