General Headliner & C pillar :(

Currently reading:
General Headliner & C pillar :(

hiii,

i wanted to remove my headliner today...i got the trims and pillars off and tryed to pull the headliner down but for hours of tugging it would not budge it is glued on solid to the rooff :( anybody else had this problem??? how to overcome it please?

i also can not remove the C pillar trim at the rear of a mk2 punto 3door...the trim is connected to the rear speaker trims i unscrewed it all had it all hangin loose but could not take it off because of the rear seatbelt which goes through the c pillar trim...i could not feed the seablet through the trim from either side no matter what...how do i completely remove this trim??

please help im well frustrated with it :(

You have to remove the seat belt to get it off completely. As for the headliner I did comment saying I dented all the roof and I could hang my entire weight off it without it budging.
Took me and a mate to grab it swinging back n forth to get the damn thing off. Best bet is a knife under where you can get loose and cut it away then maybe sand the glue off after

You have to remove the seat belt to get it off completely. As for the headliner I did comment saying I dented all the roof and I could hang my entire weight off it without it budging.
Took me and a mate to grab it swinging back n forth to get the damn thing off. Best bet is a knife under where you can get loose and cut it away then maybe sand the glue off after

yep you sure told me mate...but because others had taken them off and never said owt about this i presumed it may have been urs had been of before and stuck back on lol

and as for the seatbelt....i have disconnected both ends...but how do i feed to through the trim both ends are too big to slot through:confused:

yep you sure told me mate...but because others had taken them off and never said owt about this i presumed it may have been urs had been of before and stuck back on lol

and as for the seatbelt....i have disconnected both ends...but how do i feed to through the trim both ends are too big to slot through:confused:

I'll take a look on my 3 door once I'm back from work but on my 5 door they did slip out. I'm fairly certain they did anyway.

Are you replacing them or just fitting the headliner?

Back