Onyx Firefly

Currently reading:
Onyx Firefly

firefly2

Anybody here got a Onyx firefly? Ive just brought one that needs finishing of and trying to find other cars and owners.

Marc

I believe that its panda running gear with a 1300cc uno engine. It handles fantastic and is very quick lower down. Tops out at 90ish

Hi marc if your still on this forum I think we"re in the same boat. I"m just rebuilding a firefly. Its about 60% done. Engine rebuilt an running. New brakes all round, just interior and body to do. Like to hear from you. Steve.

Hi, i just aquired one of these i posted a thread in the panda part(didnt see this part)

the one i got is the very first one built by David Golightly. the prototype...

it needs a total strip but was asking what other engin will fit as a straight swap..i think this one needs a full resto tho, going to full strip and clean chassis, weld in new floor then piece by piece refits and replace or service where i can.

not sure about parts tho and i pushed the car in gear and engine turned( its the FIRE engine but not sure of cc)

any help or info would be great.

i live in West Yorkshire

cheers..Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Only just picked up on your Old Onyx thread. I have an Onyx Firefly I built many years ago still on the road with loads of mods and history,plus all the old road tests. Just about to take her for a new skirt[hood!] only£660 hand made oowch.
Only too willing to chat and help if you have any queries still, please ring Eves
01202 690594

Iain Munro

onyx 126

Attachments

• scan0020.jpg
    scan0020.jpg
    678.3 KB · Views: 82
Back