Technical Sedici Towbar Fitting

Currently reading:
Technical Sedici Towbar Fitting

robotdancer

Dear all just a quick one that might be of use for anyone fitting a towbar, towbar electrics or messing about with the rear light clusters.

The following took a little sorting out and may save someone a great deal of time and head scratching.

The following is a list of rear lighting loom wiring colours and functions:

Brake/Stop Light: GREEN & WHITE
Right Turn Flasher: BLUE & YELLOW
Left Turn Flasher: GREEN & RED
Tail Light: RED & YELLOW
Fog Light: BLUE (can also be BLUE & RED)
Reversing/Back-up Light: RED

Earth Wires: BLACK

**** Also there is no need to run a cable all the way from the battery in the enginge compartment as you will find tied up neatly (and not attached to anything) a lovely little pre-wired 12V power supply behind the right hand side trim panel in the boot (the one that houses the courtesy light).

12V Power Supply: BLACK & WHITE

You can take your lighting board supply from here.... or even use it to set up a 12V auxillary power socket in the boot (which I presume is what it's for)****

Hope that's of help :D

Last edited:
To be honest I didn't check as all I'm using it for is a tow bar mounted cycle carrier so switched live was not too crucial.

I suspect it's switched rather than permanent live but I'll check.

thanks for the original post and Monty does pick up a good point. What was the outcome? Was the wire switched or permanent. antone got any pics of their towbar installation, even if you didn,t do it yourself as I would like to compare what we hvave done against others. We had to cut the bumper.

My towbar kit came with a box to control the lights, basically turns off the external socket when not in use. The instructions said wire it to the battery, but I attached it to the 12V socket in the back instead. All works fine.

I've been thinking of fitting a tower so thanks for the above.

willendure, I'm guessing you used a bypass relay kit, is that necessary/essential?

Also will I really have to drill the boot floor and chassis rails?

thanks

Only two years late, but it's switched but to be honest I don't see an issue. If you're broken down and want lights on, just leave it switched... the car's not going anywhere, it's broken down. If the battery is dead they won't work anyway. Far better than removing tons of trim from the cabin. Not caused me any problems.

hi, thanks for info.busy finding out why trailer side lights not working. sedici 2006 great car.:cry:

Back