DSC001519.JPG

Punto (Mk2/2b) Mk2 Punto ELX.

Introduction

Thought I'd show you all my baby, all criticisms welcome, but please be nice if you can, its a work in progress and is also my 1st car.

Standard front, but will be fitting eyebrows when the weather clears up

De-badged/ removed bump strips

New HU & painted instrument surround

Painted center console

Lockwood door sills

So... what do you all think?
Re: Mk2 Punto ELX

Nice little car you got there. Dont like the eyebrows though im afraid. My car was the same as yours when i started out. If you want to know some subtle changes take a look at my MM thread.

Some nice additions could include;

2B rear lights
Sporting Spoiler
Sporting side skirts
Plus a bit of lowering :)

Last edited:

eventualy i plan on fitting angel eye headlights so may leave the eyebrows off when i fit them, or fit different brows, not sure on that yet. wont bother with the mk2b rears as i want to tint them black, but either way the back end will definitely be de-tangoed. ill be fitting a body kit/spoiler and lower it by 30mm most likely. dont want to go down the boy racer route so i dont want anything too extreme. not sure but maybe sporting or abarth kits. really need to sort out the paint work on her tho, front end is full of stone chips and got a small dent on the osf wing from the previous owner.

Loving the car mate some good mods there... you have the same car as me and same colour... keep up the good work mate where you from?

Luke
glad ya like her. she is a high maintenance girl and keep finding problems and niggles, but thats what ya get for 2nd hand cars.
im from wiltshire.
im tempted to spary my hub caps black... not sure if they will suit her tho. would love some abarth alloys but not got the funds yet. damn bills (n)

not sure on white alloys. only really seem to like them on the older rally spec evos.

other than de-badging and removing bump strips, are there any other "free" mods that can be done to mk2s... money been running short recently so looking at other options i can do until people stop taking my hard earned cash.

fail on the cards... attempted to paint the wheel trims black.... didnt work out all too well, my own fault really, cheap paint and lousy paint skills = disaster. on the look out for some new trims now... may be a while before i can fork out for alloys. :(

well, not much to report at present. got my tint spray for my rear lights and side repeaters... hopefully will get time to do them soon... as for other mods, they may have to wait as she seems to be a bit poorly and needs a good service, maybe even new cam belt and gearbox/clutch. :bang: time to panic i think. gotta travel a lot of miles in the next couple of weeks... :cry:

so i finally got round to tinting my lights and side repeaters. didnt go as dark as id really like, but i dont wanna get problems come mot time etc so it will have to do for now.

lacquered the lights after i tinted them and they didnt go too glossy though. tried to shine em up using some wax polish after i cleaned the car but still look a little matt, may have a little to do with the lacquer running out so its not gone on as smooth as id like. let me know what ya think and any ideas on how to buff em up supper shinny would be most welcome. ;)

DSC00182.JPG

DSC00183.JPG

DSC00184.JPG

DSC00186.JPG

finally managed to get me a sporting spoiler. just waiting for it to be delivered. £25 with free delivery. (y) hopefully i can get it painted and fitted in the next couple weeks if time/money allows. (need to order the paint/tigerseal)
also gunna have another crack at respraying my wheel trims. looking at them steels is depressing. hopefully will have some pics to follow soon.

got my new clutch fitted today, feels like a completely different car. they changed the engine oil and filter too - filter was almost rusted through which begs the question to how bad the previous owner was at keeping it running. oh well, its one problem off the list of things to do now.

tons - only problem is the cash. lol. plan on fitting the spoiler, getting a sporting center console, getting some angel eye headlights, getting a set of coupe alloys and lowering it 35-40mm. would like to de-badge the front as well, but will be limited to rattle cans to paint the bonnet - not the best option with 9year old discontinued paint. lol loads more i wanna do but cant validate the costs to do it.

Well little update, finally got my coupe alloys fitted. bit of rubbing on full lock but looking at ways to stop that, either by lower profile tyres or doing something with the arch lining. any ideas or links to cheap tyres would be good. tyres fitted at the mo are 205/50/16s.

so what ya think?

Back