Tuning Evo Induction

Currently reading:
Tuning Evo Induction

TJ07

"Spirito Di Punto"
Finally fitted after an afternoon of bruised knuckles & cut fingers, what a nightmare! :bang:

Thought I’d try and improve on Fiats placement of the air intake pipe, anyone else noticed that they have it positioned so that it can only suck in hot air from the engine bay? :confused:
Haven’t had a chance to take it out for a test run yet…. ran out of time, looks good though! :yum:

Attachments

• P1000236.JPG
    P1000236.JPG
    524.2 KB · Views: 203
  • P1000237.JPG
    P1000237.JPG
    462.8 KB · Views: 135
let me no how it goes i have been considering a induction but waiting for some one brave to do it first on the multiair sporting :)

Just had it out for a quick run today, throttle response seems slightly improved at lower revs also with it being a CDA kit you get a slightly improved grunt from the engine under acceleration, without sounding like a knob-mobile. You can also now hear the pshh from the dump valve :cool:(not loudly though, but it’s defiantly there).
Couldn’t get any idea of an improvement at the higher end as I was driving into what felt like a force 10 gale! :eek:

As for the kit, it was a nightmare to try and find something that would fit the multi-air as it does differ from the T-jet setup, I know this as I borrowed my old mans T-jet to check.
Also I noticed that most kits even designed for the T-jet are not suitable for UK models as the brake fluid tank is located in the way on the UK versions, and that’s the same on the Evo.
So after a lot of measuring and hunting I finally decided that a Simota WS-254-2 would fit best and they are very good filters to boot (yes I stuck a BMC sticker on it, just to make it look a bit more fitting for a Fiat… I know im sad!:eek:) I also had to order a different air feed pipe, one that was more flexible so that I could make it fit, I have the feed situated in the frontal wheel arch area as the air does seem to be cooler in that area.

Just had it out for a quick run today, throttle response seems slightly improved at lower revs also with it being a CDA kit you get a slightly improved grunt from the engine under acceleration, without sounding like a knob-mobile. You can also now hear the pshh from the dump valve :cool:(not loudly though, but it’s defiantly there).
Couldn’t get any idea of an improvement at the higher end as I was driving into what felt like a force 10 gale! :eek:

As for the kit, it was a nightmare to try and find something that would fit the multi-air as it does differ from the T-jet setup, I know this as I borrowed my old mans T-jet to check.
Also I noticed that most kits even designed for the T-jet are not suitable for UK models as the brake fluid tank is located in the way on the UK versions, and that’s the same on the Evo.
So after a lot of measuring and hunting I finally decided that a Simota WS-254-2 would fit best and they are very good filters to boot (yes I stuck a BMC sticker on it, just to make it look a bit more fitting for a Fiat… I know im sad!:eek:) I also had to order a different air feed pipe, one that was more flexible so that I could make it fit, I have the feed situated in the frontal wheel arch area as the air does seem to be cooler in that area.
nice how much did it set you back all together? im suprised it has not done anything top end. I love the pshh of the turbo at the moment would be nice to get it a little louder. my main concern was the warm air like you stated that will be around the filter my engine gets soooooooo hot after a quick wip around. not realy massive room to get a cold air feed in a sensible place.

Managed to get a better test run today, definite improvement I’d say, not huge but noticeable. Also the point where I have the intake pipe situated defiantly pulls cooler air which helps too.(y)

nice how much did it set you back all together?
I managed to get it done for about £150 (give or take)… think I got a fairly good deal.:)

Back