Technical Found unplugged jack in the engine bay

Currently reading:
Technical Found unplugged jack in the engine bay

notorious

the notorious one
I wonder what it is for where is it suppose to go. It was tucked in the metal cross support to the right of the right headlight (RHD car if it matters) and in the area of the pipe that feeds air to the air box with the air filter. Car does not have any faults on board, pictures included any info is appreciated...

Attachments

• IMAG0059.jpg
    IMAG0059.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 63
  • IMAG0060.jpg
    IMAG0060.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 33
I've seen one on the LH side on my car - if there's one on both sides it could be for the (optional in some markets?) headlamp washers? Otherwise, don't know.

Yes I do have the winter package and in fact my washers don't work. It could be it was unplugged by previous owner for using too much windscreen solution. I will check the other side to make sure but where does it plug into, the cable is short but I didn't feel a female jack under fingers?

Sorry, can't help you on that one as my car doesn't have headlight washers.

Ok, I checked and the jack is only on one side not both so now I am even more confused, mechanic also had no clue. I checked a used one for sale althouhg 88kw and no jack in that place...

There is a hard way to solve this.

Answer these questions:

1) number of pins
2) wire colours (single or major/minor) & pin position
3) which wire/pins buzzes/zero ohms to earth
4) which wire/pins is a) connected to permanent 12V b) connected to 12V with ignition on c) connected to 12V with engine running.

With this info and using eLearn one can use the connector location chart, connector number to locate the wiring diagram and wire colours, and from there what the use/function is.

Back