Technical Punto Interior Light, Radio and Fuses

Currently reading:
Technical Punto Interior Light, Radio and Fuses

tomweise

I was trying to change the Interior light in Mk2 1.2 8v punto today, and now the radio will not turn on, and neither will the interior light? everything else seems to work fine, any ideas on what it might be? could it be the fuse? many Thanks, Tom :)

Yep those two will be on the same fuse... probably a 10Amp. The diagram on the back of the fusebox cover should tell you which one it is, ironically I could tell you which one it is on the mk1 but I don't know on the mk2 even though I've got one!

Cheers, i will have a look tommorow afternoon, any idea what it might be labelled, and colour? if it is not the fuse, what else could it be? i don't actually think it could be anything else though?! are the only fuses on an Mk2 the one's by the driver's knee? Cheers, Tom :)

I've just blown the same fuse. There was a circular object in the cigarette lighter socket and when I tried to remove it the fuse blew ! turned out to be the element of the lighter !

Now I've never tinkered with a punti before. Where in God's name is the fuse panel ? Help :)

DenisM

The main fusebox is by the driver's right knee just under the dash. It has two horrible plastic screws at the top which you will need a 10p or a huge screwdriver for and it hinges at the bottom.

I can't remember which one it is and I can't check because I've got the mk1 ones written down but not the mk2, and I'm not with the car!! But hopefully you should be able to work it out from the diagram on the back of the cover.... Hopefully someone else will confirm which one it is.

And Welcome to the forum both of you!!!

fuse for radio and interior light is located in the main fuse box, just to right of steering column, behind the cover with the 2 plastic screw's. handbook will point out the exact fuse.

in answer to tomweise, there is a secondary fusebox under bonnet just behind the battery.

AHH (y) Thanks :)
I didn't want to start dismantling the dash just yet :)

Its fuse number F39 Which is a 10 amp fuse located under the coin tray to the right of the steering wheel.

Cheers guys, i have found that fuse now, it was blown, going to get a new one asap! Thanks, Tom :D

i did this once when fitting a new headunit into a friends 2002 Pug 106, trouble was it blew two fuses one of which controlled the imobiliser, so i'm there merrily pushin the stereo into place, she comes out to try it, attempts to start the engine and absolutly nothing happens!!!!! :eek: :eek:

Took about a hour in the dark to find the right fuse. Whilst shes there going on about how its gonna void her insurance.......... :mad:

Only now can i look back and laugh :D

I can't stress how thankful I am for this thread and forum in general. I don't have a clue about cars, have just passed my test age 35 and would be lost, thanks all, this sorted my issue right out...

Back