General Cars registered after 1st April 2010; Car Tax

Currently reading:
General Cars registered after 1st April 2010; Car Tax

Hello

I just want to make new Evo owners aware of a diescrepency with car tax on new cars from 1st April 2010.

I ordered my new Evo Sporting in January but didn't actually take delivery of it until mid April 2010. However, the list price for the base Sport model was £15295 OTR at the time of the order, but new Government rules state that this model, once registered after 1st April 2010 is NIL road tax for the first year (129g/km CO2).

Although fiat.co.uk website has reduced the base price of the sporting to £15175 (£120 less), i have noticed that on my invoice, i have been charged £120 for road tax even though the dealer didn't have to pay a penny because it's free for the first year. Even after the 1st year it's gone down to £90!

I was just wondering if anybody else has had the same issue? Or maybe they haven't checked their invoice and so they don't know yet!

I'm in the process of trying to get my money back through the dealer, although they're not the slightest bit happy about it! :D

I've just had a look at the CO2 emissions for the Evo range and the Free tax for the 1st year is only applicable to the 1.4 Sporting and the diesels within the range as these are all below 130g/km.

So if you ordered one of these models before 1st April 2010, then make sure the dealer hasn't charged you for tax. (Fiat.co.uk have all the up to date list prices).

Thanks

As well as the £2k deposit contrabution I did get the free tax. Just got to wait for the car to arrive!

No idea what the deal was called, mine's due to arrive the end of September. I'll be speaking to them in a couple of weeks to pick a reg number.

Just ordered my punto evo gp 1.4 8v with italian stripes
list price £12770

Paying £139 per month for 41 months with no deposit.
The lump sum at the end is £4,000

don't think ive done too bad there :D
£9699

I also have no tax charges

Back