Technical Bang!

Currently reading:
Technical Bang!

Spent about 5 hours on saturday washing and polishing the car and it looked brilliant. Drove to the end of the street to head to work on sunday and heard a bang from the front left as i went round the mini-roundabout. Stopped straight away go out to have a look but everything seem ok with nothing out of place. Drove on adn heard a rattle so got out and looked again but nothing. not even a hundred meters down the road the rattling noise became more obvious and before i knew it part of my spring was in the middle of the road. 5 days out of the warranty as i got it from a garage second hand so the warranty was only 30 days. It has already been to three different garages within that time as it doesnt start brilliantly in the cold. Everytime they have said there is no problem. So i doubt if the garage will pay for it but i will try my best.

Dont know whether to upgrade to the eilbachs now or not. I think the car is jinxed!

That’s unlucky.

There are Eibachs for sale in the classifieds, depending on how much the garage want to charge you for a new spring? The Eibachs will make the car look much better.

What model and year is it with regards to the poor starting.

cheers for the replies. decided just to upgrade to eibachs. for the sportlines i paid 131 pounds plus 12 quid in postage. I think that is probably the best price around. they arrived yesterday and im fitting them on saturday when i get time.

aye not bad. on this all the time now cause i can be doing **** all in work haha. Getting a pal to fit my eibachs today. took the wheels of and both anti roll bars are broke haha. tenner each so not bad at all. going to handle like a demon when i get it back. Just need to get a map for it now.

Back