General fiat scudo warranty

Currently reading:
General fiat scudo warranty

silversaint

i bought my Fiat Scudo in september 09.A 58 Scudo with 47.000 miles. i needed an anti roll bar two swinging arms and two drop links. i went to fiat and they stated it was out of the warrany for this.So i purchased these parts and had them fitted.Does anybody have any idea about the warranty because ive had allsort of problems and its now totaling 3.500 since december last year for repairs:confused:

Where did you purchase the van?

Consumer rights would have something to say about the vehicle not being fit for purpose.

Give them a call. Explain the situation and they might speak to the garage concerned and put the 'lean' on them.

My mechanic also tells me i have a leaking turbo and i also need two cv gaiters.Aswell as two other faults i have which come up on the onboard computer.I went back to the garage and what i asked was, is my turbo intercooler covered as oil was leaking out of it. the reply was no as it was considered a mechanical moving part.I replyed i would contact trading standards, they replyed it is over the three month warranty.:mad:

i dont think its been causing any problems, the mechanic stated that there is a blackening around the turbo indicating the turbo is leaking.On a final note the engine has run without any problems,i havnt witnessed any power loss.tThe noise i had was from the dual bias fly wheel which is on order from fiat as we speak.

Their claim of '3 months warranty' is null and void.

Check with Consumer Rights - drop them an email explaining the situation; they will get back to you within a day with good advice.

You are not the only person to have problems with Fiat.My 08 registered Scudo was 1 month out of its 2 year warranty when the exhaust valve went-caused £700 of damage-Fiat didn't want to know,last week the turbo went,the van only has 30,000 miles.Other faults include exhaust manifold heat shield fell to bits due to vibration,constant knocking noise from the front end.Personally I think Fiat have an issue with component quality.

Back