General Thames Motors Slough

Currently reading:
General Thames Motors Slough

Matthen

Established member
Hi all, Curiosity got me again

I am curious to know if anyone here has any experience with Thames Motors in slough - We've used them since reg vardy told us to P*** off, and the other local fiat garage told us to it would be three weeks before they could fix the air bag.

Our experience is they have been very good, but where I begin to wonder is if they are ridiculously expensive.

For example - Other day, the Mrs took the multi in with egr valve problems - they told us that the new EGR + MAF would cost £700 - paid for, obviously, as it was no longer safe to leave the forecourt with it.

Also - New cambelt at 55 000 miles (All praise the warning light for that one) - £600

The annual service also generally costs £300+ (I suspect it will need some new suspension part this time round, tis squeaky :S )

Is this us paying south east premium or just excessive because, well, it can be?

Should we go elsewhere?
Thanks

(why both? could they not diagnose which)

To answer that - I doubt it - we've been trying to get them to look at it for near 3 years, but everytime they send it home saying there computer couldnt see anything it must be fine - I think this time they probably noticed there was something wrong when they took it in the garage - 0 - 10 was about 15 seconds...

So, there computer probably said nothing, and I told the Mrs to mention the EGR to them - so I guess they probably found an excuse to change them both.

Back