General Dealer issues

Currently reading:
General Dealer issues

ayrshiredude

Ok I kinda asked this before but never got any reply.

I don't think my dealer is really keeping me up to date with the progress of my new car and wondered if someone could tell me what they should be doing.

I ordered the car about 7 weeks ago. I have heard nothing from the dealer so phoned him last week and was told it should be here about the end of the month. He didn't give anything other than that.

Is that all the information they can give you? I have read people on here who have been told when it was completed when it was shipped, when it arrived in the country etc.

Any advice?

That was about the same as mine - I was told initially approx how long the order would take, and then about a week before confirming the delivery and to arrange a pickup date. No more detail than that, but to be honest I didn't feel a need to know more. The time quoted turned out to be accurate.

Sorry to hear you're still waiting, but it's worth it. :D

I ordered my Evo at the beginning of February this year, my dealer here stated about 8 to 10 weeks. Never heard a word from him during that period until he phoned at the end of April. A little over!!

It's not surprising though as they do have to make the cars to order.

He actually phoned me late on a Friday night (about 9pm) as the car had literally just arrived and he'd get it ready for the Monday.

Seemed a little weird after not hearing from him for such a long time and then all of sudden it happened so fast!

Probably not worth giving your dealer hassle, as it's more than likely out of their hands.

Same with me, i was told it'll be xx weeks.... day before i got a call about setting up insurance from the dealership & collected it 48hours later, nothing in between.

Though, i think i actually went into the dealership while passing by once and checked up on it to make sure everything was on track & i hadnt been forgotten about, and was told its on a boat now and will be in the UK on this date, then it will arrive at the dealership like 7-10 days later. (and it was.)

Gone are the days of large stocks of cars at the ports. Made to order these days.

Mind you, I did pop over to the garage on that Saturday morning to see it (couldn't wait). He'd parked the car in the basement under the dealership, so I saw it unprepared.

All extras were either on it (sideskirts, subwoofer, etc) or sitting inside on the passenger seat (TomTom, mats, Italian badges etc).

Looks to me like the dealer did very little to the car before it came out, which is probably why he could get it out so fast.

Last edited:
:) We ordered a 1.4 8v 5 door GP back in May and our local Fiat Dealer has been supurb.
Text messages to keep us updated on progress of delivery date.
Car was ordered through the Motobility scheme, it is ready sitting at the dealer, but Motobility wont hand over till 7th July.:cry:
I want my car, now. :p

Ask the dealer 'What the Factory code is?

Code 16 is waiting construction
Code 20 is built and waitin shipping
Code 30 is at dock over there
Code 35 is in transit on the water
Code 40 is uk arrived with customs
Code 45 is left customs at ready fit
Code 50 is with delivery instructions
Code 60 is with dealer

:) We ordered a 1.4 8v 5 door GP back in May and our local Fiat Dealer has been supurb.
Text messages to keep us updated on progress of delivery date.
Car was ordered through the Motobility scheme, it is ready sitting at the dealer, but Motobility wont hand over till 7th July.:cry:
I want my car, now. :p

Hi puffed_out. Have you ordered an automatic? I've ordered an automatic diesel but it wont be here till september. I'd be interested to hear how you get on with the gearbox???
On the subject of dealer issues, how about lack of product knowledge?! My dealer said Fiat had no plans to release an automatic diesel...clueless!! :bang:

Hi puffed_out. Have you ordered an automatic? I've ordered an automatic diesel but it wont be here till september. I'd be interested to hear how you get on with the gearbox???
On the subject of dealer issues, how about lack of product knowledge?! My dealer said Fiat had no plans to release an automatic diesel...clueless!! :bang:
Car is a manual, car is in my partners name, i am the full time chauffeur.

Back